Chapter 1:

It's a dark, stormy night. The blades of grass flow swiftly with the wind, leaving a faint whisper to be heard along with rain pouring. The sound of rain is broken by the sound of two friends running. "Where are we going, anyway?" Michael yells to his friend, Isaac. "Eh, nowhere special. I heard there's some weird shit going on out here, so I thought we'd go check it out." Michael stops suddenly, almost making him fall face-first into the ground. "What?! Dude, you gotta tell me this shit before I hang out with you in the, I don't know, MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! We have no clue what's over there, we could be killed!" Isaac stops running, and laughs lightly. "Bro, I know. That's kinda the point. I brought a survival knife, and my dad's hunting rifle just in case. Which reminds me, I'm gonna be in SO much trouble after this." Isaac stops laughing, and thinks about what will happen.

"You only live once. Hold onto this flashlight for me, 'k?" Michael groans and replies with, "Fine." The two of them walk around for a few hours, until it was 3:00 a.m. "Dude, we haven't found anything, let's go home." Michael says. "Holy shit! Mike, get over here!" Michael jumps to the sudden sound of excitement, but grudgingly obliges. "What the fuck is that?" Mike asks, clearly in fear. "No clue dude. I'ma touch it." Isaac sticks his hand out to try and touch a weird, fossil-looking thing. "Don-!" Isaac grabs the item, and has Michael point the flashlight at it. "RAAUGH!" the hellish-looking fossil roars. "AAH!" the two yell as a giant, bear-looking but hairless beast emerges from the shadows.

"Let's go!" they yell in perfect sync. They begin to sprint, without looking forward, and they fall down a giant, 40 foot drop cliff, and they are hit with lumber, twigs, stones, until they catch themselves on a log. "Dude. We're so fucked! So fucked, man!" Mike yells, panting. " I can handle this... I think. Do you trust me?" Mike gets a concerned look on his face and says, "I don't have a choice. I do." The creature prowls over to where the log is, and tries to stomp on the two of them. They let go before it has the chance to do anything. The two tumble down even further, until a giant stone gets stuck into Isaac's right eye socket. "Fuck!" he yells in agony. Crimson red blood mixed with tears begin to dribble down his face. The two stop falling, and Mike notices it. "Holy shit! Are you okay?!" Isaac stands up, and with all of his might, pulls the stone out of his eye socket. His eyeball hangs out of his face, connected by the optic nerve.

His eye that hangs out is, blank, lifeless, and bloody. A horrific sight to see. Mike throws up onto the floor. "U-uh.. Dude... I seriously don't feel g-good." Isaac grabs the knife, and realizes what he has to do. With one, quick slice upward, the nerve is cut, and his greenish-blue eye falls to the ground, rolling slightly. Blood gushes out, and the only thing he sees on the right side, is red. He falls to his knees, and passes out from the sheer pain. "F-fuck." Mike says, feeling tears building in his eyes. He looks at Isaac's eye on the ground. "Shit. I have no clue where we are we're too far away from civilization to do anything, and Isaac is passed out. What do I do?" Mike hears a twig crack in the distance. "Fuck. I'm gonna die. We're gonna die." He pulls out a necklace with a holy cross on it, and prays to God that they'll both survive the night. The bear creature lunges at them. It touches the cross. It's skin begins to bubble, it's blood boiling through the skin. It's organs begin to explode, one by one, starting from least vital, to most vital. It's bones shatter into dust, and whatever's left of it's body, melts into a puddle of blood and pulp. "That's a terrible way to go." Michael states, fighting tears.

The dusk turns to dawn. Isaac wakes up in agonizing pain. "This fucker hurts so bad..." He begins to cry with his remaining eye. Mike looks at him with both pity, and respect. "Hey. We can go look for some civilization to see if we can get that fucker fixed. I'm letting you know, it's not pretty." Isaac laughs softly, fighting through the pain. "Thanks... I needed that confidence boost." Michael helps Isaac off the ground, and they begin to walk through the underbrush. "You know that bear-thing?" Michael asks. "Yeah. What about it?" Isaac responds with. "Well... I killed it." Isaac looks at him in disbelief. "Bull. Then how'd you do it?" Mike pulls out his necklace, and explains it to him. "It must've been something unholy. Why else would it react to it like that?" Isaac shrugs. "I'm starving... Who knows where we are? Who knows how long we'll be here? Let's get food while it's still bright outside."

"Alright. Let's use that rifle. Well, I'll use it. Your vision is... Limited..." Isaac flips him the bird and hands him the rifle. "Look for something big!" Isaac yells, wincing from his eye. "OK. I'll be back as soon as possible." Isaac sits in silence for an hour or so, not focusing on the pain, until he hears, "I SHOT A BUCK! IT'S A BIG ONE!" Isaac finds some suitable firewood, and makes a fire. Michael is seen carrying the large buck on his shoulders. "We gotta clean this before we eat it. Grab the knife." Isaac obliges, and Michael puts the deer on its back. He shoves the knife into it's stomach, and slices upward. Blood and maggots. That was it. Maggots began to crawl out by the hundreds, maybe even by the thousands. They both throw up violently, and the maggots all leave the corpse to devour that. "That's fucking disgusting." When the body had emptied, it showed a voodoo doll of an unborn deer. When it looked like nothing more than a blanket, it turned it's head and said, "You have figured out our secret. Mankind is no more, for our ultimate creations will take over the human race. Our beasts are on the hunt for YOUR heads. No one else knows, and we tend to keep it that way." Isaac and Michael both look at each other. "We're fucked."