Intro

Maxine a simple girl who wears glasses and has braces. She has lived next door to a guy named August Alsina all her life. Their parents lived next door to each other back when they both lived in New Orleans, and when they came to Atlanta with their children they decided to remain close to one another.

Maxine has a twin named Maxwell but for short everyone calls him Max. Max is August's best friend they have been since diaper days. 

August will always protect Maxie because she's his best friend's twin sister. Now, Maxie has always had feelings for August but she's always managed to hide them whenever he's around. 

The only two people that know about Maxie's true feelings towards August are, Kennedy and Brielle, Maxie's best friends. Max planned on telling August of her true feelings towards him the night of their 8th-grade graduation party but Kennedy stole the opportunity from her. She stole her chance and August all in all, throughout high school they were know as the "it" couple. Now seniors in high school things have changed.

For instance, Maxie's appearance, no longer rocking braces and glasses she finally opts to show her figure and who she really is after spending a summer in Virginia with one of her favorite aunt's.

Continue reading to figure out what happens throughout the story.