Chap 10 - Morning game of war

For the rest of the day i hung with Bokuto and his team, as well as Shiori. During dinner me and Noya would occasionally catch eyes but then look away.

The next day i was up earlier than most people. Well of course you have the ones that get up for a run. I put on a grey crop top with a black rim, some comfortable black shorts followed by my black gym shoes. I tied my hair back into a high pony tail and walked over to Shiori's side. It made me smile as she has been there for me since i allowed her to be my friend, well thats what we are now i guess.

I got my phone out and texted her why i wouldn't be with her when she wakes. I walked out with a towel and water bottle and went toward a gym, one that's preferably empty. I found one actually and walked in, i plugged my headphones in my ears which began playing one of my favourite songs, Believer.

I began to do stretches, from arm to leg ones. I felt my phone vibrate when i was on the floor doing leg stretches. I took my phone out from my shorts and looked at the messages.

6:46 Am - New! Message from Owl
Hey hey hey!! You awake yet cause i wanna know if you want to practice for a bit?

6:47 Am - New! Message from Noya
Hi Y/n! Sorry if i texted too early 😅

I sighed as it had to be those two, i ignored them both as they'd think I'm asleep, i placed my phone back into my short pocket and turned my volume up a bit more. Now getting a good look at my arms and legs, i noticed bruises over them. Must of been when i used to smash down onto the ground when i was playing as a libero a couple weeks back.

I got to my feet in a huff before grabbing hold of a ball trolley, and pushing it over to where I'm gonna spike from. I picked one up and prepared myself to serve it over the net. Id love to have a setter and libero right now but i kinda cant do two positions as once.

I jumped and smacked it over but I generally want it to hit the wall but it hit the floor straight on so it rolled away, not even hitting the wall. I continued this for hours, well only a few. Around this time was when people began to actually get up. I huffed as i still couldn't hit the wall. I now felt my phone vibrate so in a huff i looked at it..

8:37 am - New! Message from Shiori
Ah! You left meeee ^^;; which gym you in??

I was about to ignore it when i remembered she is a setter.

Me - Gomen Shiori ^^' I'm in gym 3

Shiori - on route now ;) by the way Bokuto is looking for ya. Want me to bring him along or shall i keep it secret ^^

Me - keep it a secret ^^ see ya shortly

I placed my phone back in its previous position and served another 3 balls before Shiori came in. I took my headphones out and placed them on the bench with my towel and water. "Yo", i said as she ran over. "Gawd girl! I was so scared when i woke up! Next time write me a note", she pouted. "Gomen gomen", i laughed nervously.

Shiori had her hair in a bun which was tied with a pink bow. She wore a black jumper saying pink followed by stripy pink,white and blue leggings and finally she wore her pink gym shoes.

I sighed and threw her the ball i had in my hand. "I did warm ups before i texted you because i went for a run, which is how i bumped into Bokuto", she smiled. "Ah i see, i got texts from him and Noya but ignored them both as I'm still all worked up from yesterday", i said and flicked my pony tail. She nodded before running toward the net and doing a perfect flip over it. "Beat that!", she giggled.

"Come at me", i laughed back and pressed off the ground with my hands and flipped over the net. Instead of practicing volleyball, me and Shiori did gymnastics for the next hour.

I was about to do another flip when i heard chatter from outside. "Slow poke", Shiori stuck her tongue out playfully as she ran past me and flipped over the net as footsteps entered the gym. I smiled and turned round to see familiar faces, i blinked a few times as i realised who they were.

"Ah! Y/n Senpai!", the ginger ran over with a jump. "Hi Hinata, whats gotten you so jumpy this morning", i asked stepping back a bit. "Oh..um", he muttered before smiling. Then a black haired boy came over and smacked Hinata on the head. This caught me by surprise.

"You baka!", he growled. "Ah Kageyama, what was that for", Hinata whined. "Hey Y/n", i turned round to see Shiori tapping her foot and tilting he head toward the net. "Ah gomen", i smiled and stepped back from the scwobbling boys who now stopped to watch.

I ran with ease and propelled myself over the net with just as much ease. "That was the best yet", Shiori smiled and did a flip over too. I ran round to take another go, i diagonally flipped over this time which got a clap off Hinata.

Hinata and his team mate came over. "Your really agile aren't you Y/n Senpai", Hinata said. "Yeah, you could say that", i replied putting a finger to my cheek. "Oh this is Kageyama, he's our setter", Hinata pointed out which made Kageyama shake his head.

"Nice to meet you Y/n, im Kageyama, a first year setter", Kageyama bowed. I waved my arms around because of his formality. "Hey! Stop chatting and take you jump", Shiori called and i dismissed myself from the pair as i took my flip. This time i did a roll in the air before landing. I spread my arms out as if i was a bird landing.

"Ah! Tanaka senpai, Nishinoya senpai!", Hinata called. I turned round and blushed red, did i really do that in front of him.

Shiori cocked her eyebrow at me before running over to me. "Lets ignore them and practice", she smirked. I dropped my head as i knew she was up to something. "Il set you the ball and you spike, maybe Nishinoya will receive it", she smirked again.

I stood in position at the end furthest from the boys whom were on the other end. Shiori nodded toward me and i began to run, she threw the ball my way and in a quick jump after she threw the ball i spiked it over. I landed and watched as it head toward the floor. My mouth went into a frown as it seemed like Noya wasn't going go relieve it.

But in a matter of seconds, Noya appeared in the path of the ball and received it my way. Shiori immediately set me up again but this time she set me from the back. She smirked at how the boys watched her throw the ball away from the court. I ran from right near the net in one corner to the other corner but the furthest from the net, i jumped up at an angle and managed to spin myself before sending a powerful shot.

Of course Nishinoya caught it but what shocked me was that he barely did. "Nice!", he smiled. Shiori jumped up and caught the ball.

"Alright lets see here", Shiori held her chin as she looked us all over. "Okay, Nishinoya, Ginge and black hair, you team rebel. While me, Y/n and Tanaka will be the empires", she smiled. "Yosh", Tanaka smiled while getting hyped up.