Chapter 1: Rescued

Honestly, Derek never expected to end up with his paw caught in a bear trap.

Okay, let's rewind it shall we? Derek lived in a family full of Wolf Spirits, Wolves that can turn into people, not, people that can turn into wolves. He was born as a wolf and felt a lot more comfortable in his wolf form rather than his human form . Of course a lot of people would be freaked out by that, so freaked out in fact that his ex-girlfriend set fire to his home when she found out. He and his creepy uncle were the only survivor. So he's been on the run for 5 years now, in his wolf form of course. He was fairly good at hunting but the deforestation has him starving and looking for a new home, one he hoped he could find soon.

So, here's Derek in unfamiliar territory, his right hind leg stuck in a bear trap, it was covered very well and he'd walk right into it, letting out a loud howl of pain. It's been four hours until he smelled something... humans or in this case, human, just one.

This human drove in a clearly old jeep and wore a bright red hoodie that was matched with black ripped jeans, was about average height and very pretty, it might be odd to call a male human 'pretty' but oh gosh, this guy was pretty.

"Hey big guy," the boy whispers softly, putting his hands up to show that he doesn't mean any harm, still, Derek growled lowly, this boy was talking to a wild wolf, what did the kid expect?

"Hey, I'm not here to hurt you, okay?" the kid continuous, "I'm Stiles, I'm the Sheriff's kid" the kid pauses and laughs softly, "Look at me talking to a wolf as if he understands me, not Scott will really think I'm crazy"

Derek lets out a snarl as Stiles steps a bit too close for comfort, Stiles yelps and stumbles back slightly in surprise, before pouting and man did Derek's heart skip a beat...not, that he'd ever admit it.

"Dude what the hell?! I'm trying to help you, okay? You might not understand me right now but your paw is stuck in a bear trap and if I wanted to hurt you I'd have done it by now" Stiles grumbles.

Derek pauses and lets out a huff, the stupid kid was right. Stiles blinks in surprise before nodding, pleased. "Good wolf" he says, quickly hurrying to look at the bear trap. Derek tries not to look at Stiles's neck, not because it was instinct to always go for the throat first but because his neck was..beautiful, it lured him in, his pale flesh, clear for Derek to touch if he wanted to. This kid was going to get killed if he wasn't careful.

"Alright, after this I'm going to have to bring you to Deaton, okay? He's our veterinarian, he's like a doctor for animals, well... humans are animals but I mean non-human ones, you know?" Stiles says, glancing at Derek because pausing at Derek's blank face. "Of course you don't know, what am I even doing?" Stiles grumbles.

That did catch Derek's attention, just what WAS the kid doing? How did he know Derek was going to be here?

As if sensing Derek's question, Stiles grins and looks up, "I just felt like coming here, I felt a weird pull towards the forest and it was weird because I only ever feel that pull is my father is called to go here because of a dead body or something"

Derek blinks in surprise, dead body? What?

Stiles laughs at Derek's expression, "Oh man why do animals look so funny when they're surprised? Are you sure you can't understand me? Because it seems like you can" Stiles narrows his eyes and Derek growls, Stiles blinks and looks back at the bear trap, "Right, right, sorry. Hmm... Hold on, you know, for a wild wolf you're awfully calm about this entire thing, huh, then again so am I. This is weird, isn't this weird?"

Derek just blinks and Stiles nods, "I know right? Huh, are you tame? Are you like, one of those wolves that actually hang around people?" Stiles asks as he works on the bear trap, letting out a grunt he successfully manages to break it.