Chapter 8: The Truth behind the big picture.

Above is the big picture seen by Arjun in the story. From left its Rahul, Sheetal, Tina and Peter. Well imagine them as Indians for a while, because I couldn't get a better picture off Google.
*******************

****Arjun's POV****

I quickly packed my bag and made sure it contained a pair of gloves,a cloth and lunch especially. I started off as soon as possible. I reached the house. The gymnast in me had again risen and I reached that dusty, disgusting room.

I opened it, as now I had a key. I wore my gloves as I was now aware of what lies inside. I entered the room and tripped, but balanced avoiding the fall on the dusty floor. It was the coat hanger stand. I lifted it up and put it aside. I went straight to the big picture on the wall.

It was so beautiful that I couldn't stop staring at it. I touched it...well...nothing happened. " Well...its just dust....". I moved my hand to the corners of the picture and it was again just dust.

" Might be something is written on it....in extremely small letters." I exclaimed. I took a closer look at it and ended up coughing for several minutes.

" Don't tell me its written in invisible ink now...Please let me be wrong this time." I sighed.

I noticed the picture was torn in the rightmost corner, it seemed like somebody had tore it with nails. Some signs of violence.

"ummm....so it be like two people got into a fight and there was a lot of manhandling too." I detected.

With a great difficulty I lifted that 32 inch wooden framed picture slowly.
At one instance the picture literally fell on my face. " Nothing can be worse than this...." I exasperated.

I grabbed the picture holding at each corner at a time and putting my knee as the base for a couple of minutes, I finally put it aside.
" That could have been messy ...." I said with a relief. " I have to give these gloves a nice wash after going home." I chuckled looking at them.

I then saw. " Its a d..a..gger. A D..a..g..g..e..r." I quivered. It was hanging there to a small nut. My hands were shivering. My voice trembled as I took it in my hands, holding it carefully.

"Yesterday I didn't have the guts to explore that black cloth covered chair, but today... I have to examine this dagger." I was convincing myself to examine and take a closer look at the dagger and was successful!

"Thank God!...I'm wearing gloves..Phew!", It was a breathe of relief.

The handle was very dusty. I held it with disgust. The metal had rusted a bit. My eyes moved towards the upper section of the dagger.

" That's blood...Oh my God blood!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and dropped the knife.

There were so many blood stains on the upper section of the dagger. That sight was a fright for me. I stepped back with my eyes fixed on the dagger. I stepped backwards with my hands trembling, my mouth still shivering " B..l..o..o..d."

I grabbed my bag. The whole room now seemed even more spooky. I was the only one standing in a house which had three big rooms and my eyes stationed on a dagger.

I ran out of the room and then out of the house as fast as my legs could take it. I didn't look behind even once. I started off and halted after driving half a kilometer.

I took off my helmet, closed my eyes and put my palms on my face. I slowly moved them upwards towards my hair and took deep long breaths. It took a couple of minutes to calm myself.

I stationed at a friend's house and had lunch. I couldn't afford to go home as it would take much time and the boss had given me only a week's time. I had to get some progress in the case.

I opened my diary and looked at each and every detail in a small hope that I could find something. Suddenly my eyes glowed with a ray of hope....

A/N : Hello lovely readers!

Thanks for all your love and support! You guys are the best!

So..Arjun found a dagger with blood stains on it, he had an extreme traumatic experience.

His dedication towards work is appreciable, isn't it?

What do u guys think about it?...Let me know in the comment section below.
Don't forget to Vote, share and follow.

Heaps of love!

-Keerthana2498