Chapter 1

Six years had passed after the party. Ash and Randall have became really close friends throughout the years they spent with each other. They were together nearly everyday, having each others' backs when they were some kind of situation, having fun times that they shared.

Randall filmed mostly everything they did with each other. He got the idea of filming and recording these memories that both have shared, from his parents. Who had videos of him and his siblings growing up.

However, some strong friendships never seem to last as a child suspects.

It was the close to summer break for the kids' grade school. The passed few last days of school. Randall had known that there was something wrong with Ash. She wouldn't eat or do anything action-like, but just lay on the couch and watch horror movies looking like a dead zombie.

In their schools' cafeteria, Ash and Randall sat in front of each other in silence as they whole cafeteria was filled with loud conversations and screaming. Randall then decided to speak up to Ash, "Ash, please tell me what is wrong. You haven't been yourself these past few days." She replied in a sorrow tone of voice, "Nothing is wrong, Randy.."

"Ash.", Randall demanded her to tell him.

"I don't want you to be upset. You would be more upset if I tell you now.", Ash explained.

"Ash, just tell me please." "I won't be able to see you without your braces." "It's okay, Ash. You can see them the day after. I get them off. Was that all she was upset about? " "No, I can't either." "Okay... (?) Then the day after that da-" "I'm moving away. Out-of-state. Tomorrow morning.", Ash implied.

"Don't joke with me, Ash. You are really moving?", he looked at her upset face, "WHY?" "My parents are going to a long business trip. So, my brothers and I are going to move to Alaska with our Uncle Billy.", she explained.

"Oh.. We can still communicate with each other through cell.", Randall told. Ash shook her head at him, "There is no service where he lives." "Mail? Letters?", he questioned. Ash shook her head again, "He does not get mail from 'strangers'."

Randall kept a straight face, trying not to look upset in front of Ash.

"So... This is our last day seeing each other..?", Randall thought a loud.

"I...I am sorry, Randy. I have should've told you sooner.", Ash frowned.

"Hey. Don't be down, anymore.", he got her attention. He smiled at her, "Lets make this day special."

"How?", Ash questioned. Randall explained, "Do everything in a rush. Visit our favorite places. Oh! Don't forget to eat all of your favorite foods, together." Ash agreed with Randall's idea.

After school. They had told their parents what they were going to do. Visit all their favorite places. Devour their favorite foods. However their parents did not seem it was a great idea as Ash and Randall thought it would.

Instead, both of their families had united and gone to the carnival in the city. Full of roller coasters, many diverse food trucks and the life of the carnival. The feeling of being surrounded by family and friends. The carnival just brings out a child out of everyone there.

Ash and Randall had stuck together while being watched by their older siblings. They rode mostly all of the rides in the carnival. The rides were a long wait, but it didn't matter to them for they enjoy the thrill of waiting to go on a ride that gives someone many butterflies in their stomach. They enjoyed stuffing their faces into a pile of junk food. Cotton candy, funnel cakes and humongous hamburgers which may cause them a bellyache the next day.

Yet they knew it was the last day seeing each other. Ash and Randall made that day special for both of them.

"Okay kiddos. Its almost for us to go.", Trent told the kids. Their children "awed" and begged for one more ride. Frank looked at Trent, "We can ride the Ferris wheel to finish off the night."

"That is a great idea, dad!", Randall agreed.

The two men looked at their wives for any objections or any remarks. They two woman looked at each other and said to their families, "Okay." Their children cheered in happiness.

Ash and Randall sat side-by-side with each other on the ferries wheel. They were stopped at the top of the wheel looking high above the city lights. Randall sighed, "Ash..""Yeah, Randy?", she looked at him.

"I'm going to miss you.", he smiled at her.

"I'm going miss you too, Randy.", she smiled back.

"Ya' know. I thought that we would grow old together. Go through the world together because nothing can stop us two. We had each other's backs for many years and now... It's all coming to an end.", Randall pointed out.

"Well, you're wrong Randall.", she objected.

"Wha-""This is not the end. This is a new beginning. A new beginning where we meet new other people. Where we challenge ourselves through the rough times. Where we might encounter one another again in the future. Besides we won't forget each other, right? We grew up with each other... Right?", Ash asked in a calm voice. Randall smirked, "Right.. Her just talking like that to me. Gives me hope that we will find each other again. Ash, when we get older. I will find where you are. No matter what."

Ash gave him a questioned look, "Ookay..? Uhm.. Don't be a creepy stalker, Randall."

"That's not what I meant! I am not going to stalk you! That is just... Creepy!", Randall motioned his hands. Ash laughed, "Okay. I'm glad that you know that." Randall smiled as she laughed at him.

The very next morning. The Martinez family came over to the Ocampo's place where her family is packed and ready to be driven to the airport. Both families said their "goodbyes" to one another. While Ash and Randall were in embraces in each other's arms.

"I'll see you soon.", Randall told as they hugged. Ash smirked, "Yeah..."

"Please don't cry.", Randall told. Ash sniffled by his ear, "What are you talking about? I don't cry...""Heh. Of course you don't.", he chuckled.

They released their embrace and smiled at each other. Ash went to hug Randall's baby sister, Rachel.

"Bye Rachel. I will miss you, also. Be a good sister okay?", Ash smiled at her. Rachel nodded her head meaning "yes". Rachel began to cry as Ash's family loaded in their car.

Ash waved out of the car's window at the Martinez family. She continued to wave until she couldn't see them in her sight, anymore. As Randall continued to wave until the car disappeared in his plain sight.

"New beginning, huh..", Randall grinned