The Santa Clause Act

Everybody’s favourite day was slowly approaching and Kira was more excited than ever. The stress of the school year was finally over and everyone could finally relax. Everyone except for Noah.

Noah was one of the few people chosen to deliver presents to the lucky people of Belviar. That night at exactly 11:02pm, Noah slipped down Kira’s chimney to deliver her family’s presents. Little did he know that Kira was watching a movie downstairs and had begun dozing off an hour earlier. When he pushed his way out of the fireplace and bumped into the coffee table, Kira woke with a start. She jumped off the sofa and turned to look at the nineteen year old boy. He was tall and lanky with short brown hair and captivating blue eyes.

Kira screamed, “Who are you?”

“Sweetheart, I’m Santa Clause.”

Kira was confused. Where was the long white beard, big belly and the wrinkly face? He was not her idea of Santa at all. She especially did not expect Santa to wear skinny jeans.

“But… but how?” Kira mumbled.

As Kira looked over him she thought about the possibility of him really being the beloved old man. He was after all carrying a sack full of presents, and he looked genuine.

“Baby, it’s all just the Santa Clause Act.” He says with a charming smile on his lips.

 “I don’t believe you.” Kira said bravely.

“Fine Kira, I’ll prove it to you.” He stated in a loud, clear voice.

He grabbed her arm and in one strong yank he pulled her right up the chimney. Before she knew it she was standing on top of the icy roof, looking out at the town of Belviar, strewn with fairy lights and assorted Christmas decorations. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Noah looked at her and was glad to see the look in her blue eyes. As they stood there side by side, Noah realized they had better get a move on. They had many more presents to deliver. He whipped her away, her long brown hair blowing in the wind as she was pulled along. They hopped into a small golden sleigh overflowing with sacks and sacks of presents.

“Do you believe me now?” He whispered.

“Yes.” She replied.

That was all he needed to hear. Together they took off to the next house. Kira was very amazed and thought she must be dreaming. She closed her eyes and pinched her arm. When she opened her eyes again Noah was staring down at her. It was all real. They landed on the house with a clatter. Noah hopped of the sleigh and grabbed a large sack from the pile. Instantly a new sack replaced it. Kira’s eyes widened. She however didn’t have time to ponder this.

“Kira, are you going to help me?”

It took her a minute to find a reply. “Yeah, yeah… of course.” She said as she grabbed the sack. Noah pulled himself onto the chimney and slipped down into the fireplace. Kira threw the bag down after him and pulled herself down with no hesitation. Noah quickly scattered the presents around while Kira examined her surroundings. She was in her friend, Shannon’s, house.

Noah pulled here back up the chimney along with two biscuits and a hot chocolate in hand. Back on the roof top he handed them to Kira. She nibbled on the biscuits and muttered a small thanks. Back on the sleigh they flew away. Off to the next house they went. Kira jumped down the chimney first this time. Noah followed behind her.

“I’ll put them around the tree,” Kira said.

They stood in a beautifully decorated living room. Kira grabbed the sack and placed the presents nicely behind the tree. Again Noah grabbed her hand and walked back to the fireplace.

All night they delivered countless presents to the townspeople. They had many encounters with people’s dogs barking at them but managed to deliver all the presents in time, all without getting caught. At the end of the night they were full of milk, biscuits and cake. Noah and Kira hopped onto the sleigh for the last time and flew back towards Kira’s house as the sun began to rise.

“Thanks for this great adventure,” Kira said enthusiastically. “I’ve had an amazing time.

“My pleasure.” Breathed Noah.

They looked at each other and held hands as they walked towards her chimney. She slid down and landed silently into her small lounge room.

“I think I like you much better than that version of Santa.” Kira said, pointing at a statue of the big bellied, white haired Santa.

“Well thanks,” He whispered as he stared into her lovely brown eyes. “See you next year, Sweetheart.”