Chapter 2: Gajeel has no life

Gajeel's POV

Why does Juvia need his goddamned cat? She was probably trying to impress one of those models. Tch.

Gajeel was tired of hearing her talk about how more beautiful the models where than her. As far as he was concerned those people had nothing on Juvia.

He parked the car and grabbed Lily out of the passenger seat. Lily glared at him grumpily.

A short girl with curly blue hair was talking to someone behind the counter.

"Oh, your the cat guy!" The short girl beamed. Great. All the people here know him as the cat guy.

"Yeah." He sighed

"Aww he's so cute!" The girl behind the counter cooed.

Lily rustled in his arms and jumped onto the counter. He turned to Gajeel glaring and meowed at him. Gajeel glared right back at the cat.

Lily turned his tail and went over to the short girl. He meowed at her.

"Aw hi." The girl said and scratched him behind the ears. Lily nuzzled into her hand.

Gajeel grinned. "He seems to like ya shrimp."

"Shrimp?" The girl said bewildered.

"Well I don't know your name and your short so...."

"My name is Levy." The girl said starting to smile.

He smirked back. "Gajeel."

"Lisanna." The other girl said and they both stared at her, as if realizing she was still here.

"So where am I supposed to take my cat?" Gajeel asked after a moment of awkward silence.

"Oh this way." Levy said.

They rode the elevator up in, guess what? More awkward silence.

Lily had worked his way out of his arms again so now he was being held by Levy and if a cat could look smug, Lily did.

The elevator dinged and they walked out. "Gajeel!" A familiar voice yelled.

"Hey Juvia." He said a slight smile on his face.

Juvia stopped staring at Lily in Levy's arms. "Your holding Lily." More like a question than a statement.

Levy shrugged. "He seems to like me."

"What? Lily never likes anyone!" Juvia exclaimed bewildered.

"I know, I thought it was weird too. I kinda stared at her like she was from mars." He chuckled.

Levy laughed. "I was wondering about that."

"Yeah sorry." Gajeel, sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

"Woah, he does have a lot of piercings." A male voice said and Gajeel turned to see a guy with dark hair and he wasn't wearing a shirt. Tch, Models.

Gajeel grinned at Juvia. "You talking shit about me?" He asked.

"What? No! Juvia would never! Juvia just said Gajeel-kun looked scary because of his piercings." Juvia protested.

"Gee thanks." Gajeel said sarcastically.

"Juvia didn't mean! Ugh Gajeel-kun is impossible!" She exclaimed, fists balled at her side.

"Well I brought my cat." Gajeel said. "Do I get my brownie points?" He added sarcastically.

"Fine Juvia will buy you a rock album, happy now?" Juvia asked.

"I'm never happy." Gajeel deadpanned. Juvia glared at him.