The Edge

"Dad! Don't do it! Please, we love you. Step away." 16 year old Peter yells to his father who is 3 feet from the edge of the Avengers Tower. Tony has heard voices. He hears a specific one, the deceased Steve Rogers. "Jump. They don't actually care about you. They're lying." Tony takes another step closer before his 4 year old Yinsen run to him and latches on to his leg. If Daddy was going down, so was he!
Tony was oblivious to Yinsen on his leg as he slowly shuffles a couple feet until he hears his husband yell to him. "Tony Stark! What are you doing?" Tony snaps back into reality and realizes what just happened. He tried to commit suicide, again, and his kids were trying to stop him. He looked down to see Yinsen latched onto his leg, crying into Tony's pajama pants. Tony steps back in horror as he realized that he could've jumped with the 4 year old refusing to let go. "Tony. Come here." Clint calls out again, trying to seem calm although he is freaking out. Tony takes a few more steps back and Yinsen releases his iron grip on Tony. As soon as he is free, Tony runs to the edge of the tower and jumps. "TONY!!!" "DAD!!!!" Tony hears these voices calling after him as he falls farther and farther towards the ground. Eventually, he can't hear anything but people screaming as he got closer to the pavement below. As he came inches away from the pavement, he thought he would be dead instantly but he felt something stuck onto his back and start pulling him up. It won't be fast enough. I'm gonna hit before it brings me back up.
Millisecond before it started to recoil, Tony had indeed hit the ground but now hard enough to kill him instantly but he was slipping in and out of consciousness fairly quickly.
When he next woke up, he could feel blood trickling down his head, and many if not all broken bones. For a reason unknown to him, he was trying to reach for that little strand of life he had left. He slipped out of consciousness.
He awoke again to the sound of sirens and people screaming. He barley open his eyes to see 3 people standing above him. One adult, and two children. "Tony...Tony. Can you hear me?" Tony let out a groan of approval. The man above him frowned even more. Tears pooling in his eyes. "Tony. I need you to keep your eyes open. Please. For me and your kids." Tony then truest recognized the voice as his best friend, Clint. He sounded so...broken.
Dammit! What have I done?! "Dad? Daddy. We need you. Please don't go to sleep. Stay awake. When you say goodbye to your boo-boos, we can play hide and seek again...right?" Yinsen said so innocently, not understanding the situation. Meanwhile, his 16 year old son Peter couldn't handle it. He was completely speechless. He tried to save his father with the web but he was too late. He was sobbing as he sat next to Clint, who was now crying after hearing Yinsen.
Tony uses all of his strength left to reach out and take Yinsen's and Peter's hands in his. He looks up to Clint weakly and say, "Take good care of them for me. Goodbye Clint." Clint looks down at his solemnly. "Don't say goodbye. It's not true." Tony slowly starts losing consciousness again. Before he slips, he hears something that makes him regret jumping. "Please wake up Daddy."

                       Tony never woke up.