1

As I walked into my new -and first- dorm room of the year, I smiled to myself. This is gonna be your year! I pulled in the last box with Nevada, my roommate. We're best friends! We met in kindergarten and have gone to the same school ever since we were five.

"Here, let's just put it here for now." I told her. She nodded and we gently put the box on the ground.

"We can unpack later, but I wanna take a shower." I stated. She nodded and I unpacked the box with the towels. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower, hoping in. The room and everything in it reminds me of a hotel.

"Oh my god! Is this ever refreshing?" I rhetorically asked. I let the water run down my back and I took my shampoo, rubbing it in my hair.

***

After the shower, Nevada and I unpacked all of our boxes. I'd say it's about Midnight, because the boxes took three hours to unpack, and another one hour to put them away.

"Here, I'll change in the bathroom, you can change here. Let us put our PJ's on!" I laughed. I took my Sesame Street pyjamas and Nevada took her fuzzy pants and a polka dot tank top. We got changed in the rooms we desired and then went on our phones before we went on to bed. I went on my Instagram, totally ignoring the news that was on.

"Psycho on the loose in the area of University of Los Angeles, California. If you live there, do not open you doors or let anyone in." I turned the TV off and threw the remote on the floor.

"Whatever..." I mumbled. Nevada looked at me as she blasted her Instagram videos.

"Please turn that down." I asked. She looked at me and turned the volume up. I rolled my eyes and snatched her phone. I shut it off and put it on her night stand.

"Don't test me." I giggled. She laughed and took her phone back. We both stayed on them a little while longer before shutting them off.

"Alright, goodnight Nevada." I mumbled, laying my head on my pillow.

"'Night Faelecia." She replied. We both took our-individual- covers and wrapped them around ourselves.

Nothing bad could happen now...