Fae Nightshade & the Noseless Riddle

Hello lovely, lovely readers. A new chapter has been updated and I hope it doesn't disappoint! Please enjoy~

CHAPTER 3

"Come now, it was not wholly unpleasant."

Fae's face formed the baby equivalent to a scowl as she sniffed disdainfully to the side.

"It's not it's the first time you've had to experience it." Death sighed exasperatedly as She hovered over Fae's infantile body, Her silvery hair floating around Her even in the absence of wind. The pale being stared at her with unnervingly glowing amber eyes.

The redhead ignored Death in favor of focusing on her meaty legs as she firmly planted them behind her. Fae took a deep breath and maneuvered her hands to support her in the front, ignoring how ridiculous she looked with her backside sticking in the air. She grunted as her arms shook from the strain of the awkward position.

"Do not ignore me, Mistress."

Taking in one last deep breath, Fae pushed off from her hands with all the strength she could muster. The world spun for a second as her perspective gained new heights and she whooped in triumph when she successfully found herself standing upright for the first time since... The Incident.

"Mistress."

Fae yelped in shock when Death's ever present expressionless face suddenly appeared right in front of her own. All of her concentration vanished and she promptly lost her sense of balance. Flailing her arms in a desperate attempt to recover her balance, Fae let out a small squeal as her body arched backwards and she found herself staring at the ceiling, the air knocked out of her tiny human lungs.

Death blinked at Her mistress before chortling behind a hand, Her face having yet to change from its blank expression. Fae shot Her a glare as she wheezed pitifully, "I almost had it, Death!"

Fae grumbled angrily as she pushed herself back into a sitting position. Shooting one last glare in Death's direction, Fae stared pointedly at her creamy blue wall.

"I apologize." Death said once She recovered, raising Her corpse pale hands placatingly. Fae growled in response, "Sorry doesn't cut it. Do you know how hard it is to even stand?! It took me forever to even get to this point and you just had to ruin it! Don't even get me started on The Incident. I thought you had the decency to send me into a body that was already exposed to the world, but nooooo. I had to experience CHILDBIRTH. AGAIN!"

Death only shrugged shamelessly, further fueling Fae's urge to strangle the being with her tiny baby hands. Fae didn't know how she would manage to pull it off, but She. Would. Do. It. Someway, somehow... She would kill Death. Muahahahahahaha-

"Mistress, you're losing focus." Death informed nonchalantly. Fae immediately schooled her face into a neutral expression and shot Death an unimpressed look, "Well?"

Death blinked, "Well?"

Fae huffed impatiently, "Why are you here? Last I remembered, the atomic war just ended in another world and a surge of souls is currently swarming their gates. Shouldn't you be busy sorting out the destruction of yet another planet of another world?"

Death shrugged, "I wanted to check in and see if you've lost interest and tried to kill yourself like before. I went through great lengths to convince Life to allow my follower a child created by the copulation of the living and the dead."

Fae let out a long-suffering sigh, "I haven't done anything, yet. I plan a giving my other self a little visit today, though."

"Careful." Death said sternly, "Your body is still young and may collapse under the weight of your magic if you use too much."