Chapter 1

***beep beep beep***

That damn alarm clock. And so it begins... another boring day to add to my boring life. My name is Alexandra Reed. I prefer Alex, though. I am the personal assistant to CEO Blake Steele at Westside Publishing, or WSP. I roll out of bed and drag myself to my bathroom. I accidentally glace in the mirror, ew. My blonde hair is a frizzy mess and last nights make up has left its stain all over my face. Not only do I look like a homeless person, I feel like shit. My idiotic roommate/best friend, Lauren, thought it would be fun to go to the club last night... I walk down the hall to her room, and find Lauren still sleeping. I chuckle slightly and sneak into her closet. Lauren's rich parents are always sending her such expensive and professional pieces of clothing, which she refuses to wear. I slip into a black pencil skirt and a royal blue, quarter-length sleeve shirt. I don't have the time to do anything fancy to my hair so I simply attempt to brush it and wear it natural. After conquering the impossible, I put on a fresh face of makeup. I think I did pretty good under the circumstances... Before I even make it to my car, my phone is already ringing. I check the caller ID: Blake. I roll my eyes before answering in my most poilte and fake voice. "Good Morning Mr. Steele, how are you today?" There is a short pause on the phone before he answers. "Very well Miss Reed. I presume you had a plesant weekend.." I begin to answer but he doesn't give me the chance. "I'd like to see my papers on my desk before I arrive at my office this morning."

"Of course, Mr. Steele." 

"Thank you Alexandra, I'll see you soon."

Before I can say goodbye, he's already hung up. I have to speed to work the get the paperwork on his desk. I run into the building and wait for the elevator. Just as the doors are about to close, someone sticks a breifcase in to catch the door. When the doors fully open back up, I see before me the most gorgeous man ever. He gives me a slight nod before pushing the button for his floor. The 30 is lit up and I can't help but smirk. We are headed to the same floor. "Do you work for Mr. Steele?" My eyes go wide. Did he just speak to me?

"Um... yes. I am his P.A... Personal Assistant."

"Yes, I know what P.A. means."

I blush and try to hide my embarrassment. He looks well dressed and educated, Alex. What are you thinking trying to teach him a vocabulary lesson...

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch your name." Once again he breaks the silence.

"It's Alex... Well Alexandra Reed."

He nods. Is he not going to tell me his name? Just as I am about to ask, the doors open and he storms out. I sluggishly walk out of the elevator and to Blake's office. As soon as I place the folder on his desk, he comes storming in. He's on the phone with someone. "I don't care Alice! I have one of the richest men in the world sitting in the waiting room! Push back my meetings until 11." One of the richest men in the world? I'm puzzled and trying to think of who he could be refering to, when Blake stops my train of thought. "Miss Reed, phone the front desk and tell Alice to send up Mr. Bieber." Mr. Bieber? For someone so rich and well known, I've never heard of him. I walk out of his office and into mine, right next door and dial the phone. "Hi Alice, it's Alex, can you send Mr. Bieber to Blake's office? Thank you." I hang up before she answers and sit at my desk. This is the first time I've sat down all day... I doesn't last long before Blake slings my door open. "Alexandra, you know I want you to record all my meetings. I apologize and follow him into his office. There is a man sitting in the seat across from him, I presume is Mr. Bieber. He looks at me and my eyes go wide. Blake rolls his eyes at my reaction. 

"Mr. Bieber, this is my assistant Alexandra Reed."

"Well hello again Miss Reed." He smirks at me. Shit. It's the man from the elevator. My face flushes red with embarrassment. Blake is confused and breaks the awkward silence. "Again..?"

"Yes again. I ran into Miss Reed in the elevator this morning... Anyways, should we begin our discussion?" Blake nods and signals me to begin the recording. I don't understand why Blake always wants to record his meetings. I guess he just wants to be able to go make and make notes and reminders... The meeting drags on for what seems like forever even though it's only been an hour. The only reason I have yet to fall asleep is because out of the corner of my eye, I can see Mr. Bieber occasionally glancing at me. I can't help but blush every time we make eye contact. He keeps a stolid facial expression and continues talking with Blake. I tune back into what they're talking about. "Mr. Steele, I appreciate what you're trying to do with your company. However, at this rate, its just going to fail within a year. Let me buy your company. I assure you, if we can't make an agreement now, I will eventually get WSP." He looks at me again before saying, "I always get what I want." My eyes go wide. Why did he looking at me?! He was talking about wanting the company, right?? Blake sighs. "Mr. Bieber... I'm afraid you're right. But I don't think I can just walk away from my company! I've been working with Westside Publishing for as long as I can remember."

"Tell you what, Mr. Steele. I'll buy your company, you name the price, and you can continue to work for WSP. I plan to rename Westside, under my name of course, but I need someone trustworthy enough to run another building for me across town. Your salary will nearly double and you will be apart of quite a successful company. I'll even get you a new P.A. What do you say?"

WHAT?! If Blake gets a new assistant, I'll be out of a job! Blake sighs while thinking over Mr. Bieber's proposal.

"Mr. Bieber, I think you've go yourself a deal. Alexandra, please take Mr. Bieber to your office so you can work out the new details for the company. Just do as he says, Miss Reed."

The each shake hands and Mr. Bieber follows me to my office. This is it. Once he signs the papers, he'll be the new CEO and I'll be unemployed. I get out all the paperwork and he signs on the dotted line. Justin Bieber. So that's his first name. 

"I promise you'll be extremely pleased with the plans I have for the new company. I hope you don't mind me giving Mr. Steele a new assistant. I'd rather have you here with me." 

I look up upon those words. Did he just say that? I flush red. He remains stolid. I'm more than happy to stay here working for Justin... or Mr. Bieber. We spend the next few minutes signing paperwork and working on the schedule for the week.

"Thank you Alexandra, I look forward to working with you from now on. How does it feel to be working at Bieber Publishing and Corporations?"

"I think BPC has a nice ring to it." He smirks at my response.  

"As do I, Miss Reed. Before our business relationship begins, how would you like to accompany me for a drink this evening?" I can't even form an answer so I just nod. He smirks at me once again. As he leads me to the elevator. I can already tell this is going to be a good night.