Chapter 8

Warning: Violence, mentions of WWII, the Holocaust, Adolf Hitler, and the bombing of Rome

Ludwig looked around the house as he made his way to the guest room he had always stayed in. He was shocked upon opening the door. Everything was exactly the same as the last time he was here.

'It kind of makes sense. He really would not have any reason to be in here.' Ludwig thought to himself as he checked the closet and drawers for clothes he had might have left from the last time he was there. Much to his relief he found several clean outfits still there. Ludwig nodded contentedly to himself.

Ludwig walked over to the bed and sat down, removing his shoes before laying back on the bed. Staring up at the ceiling, he began to think back to his last stay here.

..... August 1943.......

......A month before the Italian Armistice with the Allies.....

Ludwig quickly strapped his handgun on before grabbing his keys and heading for the door. Stepping out into the hallway, he made his way downstairs and into the dining room where Feliciano sat, looking out the window.

"I'll be going now. I should see you this weekend." Ludwig said.

"Do you have to go?" asked Feliciano, not turning away from the window.

Ludwig sighed, "You know I have to go. My boss said it was urgent."

"I don't like this." Feliciano quietly spoke.

"I don't like having to leave either but..."

"Not that." Feliciano said, cutting Ludwig off. " I mean this whole war. It has gotten out of hand Ludwig. This needs to stop." Feliciano turned to look at Ludwig, determination shining in his eyes.

" Don't worry about it. Der Führer has said that this war will end soon and we will be the victors." Ludwig said almost excitedly.

"I don't trust him Ludwig. I never did." Feliciano spoke.

Ludwig frowned.

"He has done nothing but good things for my country. I don't appreciate you speaking of him that way, Feliciano."

Feliciano stood to his feet and approached Ludwig.

" Tell me, Ludwig, is it his 'consideration' for the human life or his 'equality' for all, that you like. Tell me, how has any of that helped your country?" Feliciano scowled.

"He is cleansing the German blood." Ludwig retorted.

"Is that what you call this mass slaughter? If you haven't noticed, he's extended his 'cleansing' all over Europe."

"You should be grateful. He's ridding you of vermin." Ludwig spoke coolly.

Feliciano's hazel eyes hardened and in an act of uncharacteristic courage and strength he pulled the taller Nation down to his height by his collar.

" You listen and you listen carefully. You tell your damn boss that he has one month to get his ugly ass and his foothold out of my country. You tell him that Italia doesn't want his 'cleansing'. I want every trace of his presence out of my country. I want it to be like he was never here. I am done. If he is not out of here, along with his soldiers, after one month, he will not like the consequences. Do you understand?" Feliciano snarled before releasing his grip on the larger Nation.

Ludwig was surprised but refused to let himself be intimidated by a man an entire head shorter than him.

"That sounded almost like a threat. I could have you arrested for being a traitor against the Reich and Der Führer." Ludwig said confidently, expecting the smaller Nation to back down.