Chapter 4

Vacation ends in the blink of an eye and before I know it I'm waking up on Monday morning for school.

My mom drops me off in the morning because, of course, I'm one of the only seniors that doesn't have a car yet.

I hate school. I'm sorry to sound like the stereotypical teenager that complains about hating school but it's not even school itself; it's the people in it.

Every single person in this building is ignorant.

Well, I make an exception for my friend Liam. He asked me to sit with him at lunch at the beginning of this year when he saw me standing in front of the whole cafeteria looking for a place to sit. We've been friends since then.

I actually just moved to Phoenix this summer, so I didn't know anyone. My mom got fired from her position at work, and had an opening in Phoenix so here we are.

I manage to make it through my first few classes, but when it comes to lunch I don't know what to do. Liam isn't here today, I think he said something about going on holiday during break but I guess I just assumed that meant he would be home by today.

I usually sit with Liam at lunch, and he's usually always here so I'm not sure what to do.

I walk over to our usual table only to see a group of the really bitchy girls in my grade sitting there. I start to turn around, with my lunch in my hand, but someone stops me.

"Hi Bella!" She says in the most sarcastic voice she can conjure up, gripping my arm. It's a girl named Sophia, the kind of "Queen Bitch", for a lack of better words.

She's the typical popular high school girl. Long blonde hair, skinny, and enough make up to cover her face, and probably a few more.

I'm not, like, weird or anything. I just keep to myself and they know that I don't really have any friends besides Liam, so they take every chance they get to make fun of me. I'm not very good at making friends. "Why don't you sit with us?"

I look over to see the rest of her friends spreading out to fill the whole table.

"I think I'm good." I say and, once again, try to walk away.

"Why don't you go eat in the bathroom or something. You'd probably make more friends in there, anyways," a darker girl that I can't even remember the name of laughed.

I turn and, finally, walk away, which evokes laughter from the rest of their table.

Unfortunate for them, what they say doesn't really bother me that much; I know that I shouldn't waste my time worrying about the opinions of people who uselessly spend their time making other people feel bad.

Unfortunate for me, I did end up eating in the bathroom.