Chapter 2

Therapy is the same as usual. My therapist asks me questions, I answer, she asks me how I feel about it, I tell her, she tells me how I can change it. It's all a part of the same weekly cycle that has gotten me nowhere.

I guess it's not all bad though, at least I have someone to talk to.

"Take care, Bella, I'll see you next Thursday," my therapist says as she walks me toward the door. She mentioned when I first started seeing her that her name is Anne, and I know her last name is Sullivan, but she never really told me what I could call her, so I just stick to "My Therapist".

I open the door and close it behind me, and as I turn around I come face to face with a very attractive boy with light blue eyes and messy brown hair. Neither of us move, as if mesmerized by each other, until my therapist opens the door, and I look away. I can feel my cheeks getting warm and I just hope it's not as obvious as it feels. I can feel that he's still looking at me, but I stare at the ground, unsure of what to say.

"Louis!" My Therapist chirps, "come in, you're right on time!" and disappears into the room. I turn to walk away, but I could have sworn I saw the boy, Louis I guess his name was, open his mouth to say something to me before closing it and walking into the room.

My mom is waiting in the parking lot when I get outside, and I get into the car. She interrogates me about the session as usual, to which I respond with one-word answers and nods until she gives up on trying to talk to me. I turn the music up and stare out the window.

My thoughts are clouded with the earlier images of the boy with crystal blue eyes.