Chapter Sixteen~

Danny's P.O.V

I whisper into Corey's ear as we begin to try to feed her.

"You're going to be okay, I promise. Just stay strong." Daisy lifts her up carefully and I open up a bottle full of an ugly brown liquid. I cover my nose and gag. It reminds me of all of the times I was hospitalized for the same shit.

"Alright. Are you ready?" I ask them. They both nod in unison. "Here we go." I begin to open her mouth and insert a small funnel into her mouth and pour slightly. I take the funnel out and I see the fluid slowly and painfully going down her throat.

"It's working!" I say in amazement. They grin from ear to ear as I continue to pour little by little. After we finish the first bottle, then the second, then the third, we decide to take a break.

"We will save the last two for tomorrow and buy more whenever we need to. Okay?" Daisy says.

"Okay. Good plan." Jack nods and we all lay down in the one bed the hotel room has, sweating with exhaustion. Corey's body has returned to a semi-normal temperature.

"Let's see if she will respond to anything," Jack suggests.

"I doubt it," Daisy says.

"Come on. We have to try," he says. I shrug and agree. I lay my hand in Corey's and squeeze tightly. No response. I lay my hand on Corey's chest. Breath is slow, but it's there. Daisy shakes her and yells for her to wake. No response.

"Is she in a coma or some shit?" Daisy asks. I move my shoulders up and then back down, indicating that I don't know.

"We have to get her to a hospital. She can't stay like this. We aren't professionals at this kind of stuff," Jack states.

"No, we aren't. But for God's sake, we can't put her in the same hospital we all broke out of!" I yell. Jack and Daisy stare at me. Suddenly, I can't help myself but to break down and cry. "Look, I can't lose her."

"We don't want to lose her, either, Dan. But we have to do something. We cannot sit here and watch her die. Do you realise that's like, murder?" Daisy fires.

"If she dies, we will go to prison?" Jack asks. Daisy shrugs and then nods her head.

"I mean, we are sitting in a damn hotel room with an unconscious girl and we aren't taking her to the hospital. We are sitting here and watching her slowly die. Don't you think that's murder whether it's intended or not?" she asks us.

"I suppose so."

"Well, what the hell do we do now? If we can't sit here and we can't go to the hospital, what's the next option? Oh yeah! There is none!" I scream. Daisy looks at me with the coldest glare I've ever seen.

"If you really love that girl, you'll do your damn best to come up with something." I stare at her and fire back.

"You love her, too. Don't you? What are you doing to help other than what I'm doing? You can't put all of the blame on me, you know?"

"Guys, please stop. If we are going to help her, you both need to shut up and we all need to work together to figure out a plan to save our best friend's life. Okay?" Jack says to us, more serious than ever. Daisy and I look at each other and apologize.

"Okay. Now let's think," he says. We think for at least thirty minutes and nothing comes to mind.

"Nothing. There is nothing else we can do," Daisy says.

"Well, we have to decide then," I answer. "If we take her to the hospital, we all go back. If we stay and care for her, we are all free. But there's a risk either way that she won't make it."

"What's it going to be then?"
_______________________________________________

What do you guys think they are going to do? What do you guys THINK they should do?