Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Mercy's ​POV)
*
*

The light's pointed away from my face, and I blink quickly. I look around, people are coming at me from every direction. I back away from the guy coming closer to me, pushing myself through the leaves as much as I can before I finally fall back. This is it.

The flashlight is shined in my face for a moment, and I hear jumbled talking. My mind is struggling to identify words right now. The light is moved away from my face, and I feel arms pulling me to my feet. I pull my body away, letting out a scream as the pain in my arm intensifies.

"Fucking stop! Fuck!" I hear.

The arms release me, and I fall. I writhe in pain, my wounds tortured even more. The guy in front of me comes forward, and this time, he shines the flashlight on his own face. My eyes take in his face, he has a short Black facial goatee, going on beard, short Raven black hair, deeply tanned skin. His eyes, Talia's mom's eyes, a chocolate brown. His skin is deeply tanned and weather hardened now, but I recognize who he is.

"Cyrus?" I gasp, confused.

"It's alright, it's me Mercy, it's me." Cyrus says.

I recognize his voice now. It's Cyrus, Talia's older brother.

Cyrus is here.

"Fuck, they shot her. I need a car! Now!" Cyrus says.

He kneels beside me, looking at my shoulder. Lights are all around me now, revealing leather motorcycle club jackets on everyone around me. I reach up, and set a hand on Cyrus's shoulder, something I wouldn't do, shouldn't I be dying right now. Cyrus, my best friend's older brother, the biker, the scary man in town at only twenty-six. He looks into my eyes searching them for something, he holds the sides of my face.

"Cyrus... Is she..?" I ask.

"We got them, found them real quick on ol' Tally. They're okay." Cyrus says.

"Good." I say.

"Come on Mercy, you gotta get up now." He says.

He picks me up, and it's not painless, but I grit my teeth. He carries me out of the woods, and I see lights waiting for us. I hear Rose and Talia, but don't get to see them before I'm put in the back of a car. Cyrus is riding up front, while I lie down in the back. I let my eyes slide closed and turn away from the light up front.

It's not long before I'm being shaken awake. Taken away, into a brightly lit hospital. Fuck, why couldn't they just let me sleep?

*
*
(Cyrus POV)
*
*

"How is she?" Talia asks.

"Resting. Been in recovery since three this morning." I say.

"That was ten hours ago Cyrus!" Talia exclaims.

"And?" I ask.

"You need to sleep!" She says.

"I'm alright, go on in and see if she's awake." I say.

"Have you talked to her?" Talia asks.

"Not since last night." I say.

She purses her lips, and goes inside the hospital room. There she is, my annoying little sister on the scene. Truth be told I looked in at Mercy hours ago, and couldn't go in. She looks so pale in that bed of hers. I'd never actually known her, besides seeing her around my parents' house when I was in town.

She thought fast, and saved my sister and Rose. In my book, she's pretty fucking bad ass for taking two bullets, and managing to drag herself into the woods and away from the heavy gunfire. She thought we were the people after her, and freaked out. It was crazy, for a minute she looked angry as she writhed to get away from my brothers. Still fighting. I guess Talia knows how to pick good friends, not that I'd tell her that.