Chapter 5

Anxiety POV

I avoided his eyes. Why the hell did I hug him? I'm so stupid.

"I... died?" Prince asked me, confused. I nodded and took a deep breath. "Yeah... I-I... Don't go... Stay with m-me tonight? P-please?" I felt a blush creep to my cheeks. Why?

He smiled back at me. "Of course." He announced grandly. I loved his accent- Hold up, what? His accent is just so... adorable? No, yes, what? I don't understand...? I shook away the thoughts and decided to focus on the male standing before me. He was beaming.

A thought must have entered his mind, because that charming smile fell and was replaced by a small frown. Strange, he never normally frowns. "What's up?" I asked.

He sighed. "I was meaning to ask. About your anxiety. How do you cope? Having it everyday..."

I shrugged in response. To be honest, I've just gotten used to it. It's terrible, and I feel awful all the time. But it's better now. Better than it was before.

He sighed again. "Fine, if that's all you're going to say. Would you like to talk about that dream instead?"

I nodded slowly. "I don't really know what was happening... I was with you, and then it came... it stabbed you to death. But as you bled you were begging me to help. And I couldn't. I was being held back by something. It was torture..." I still didn't understand why it was torture though. It's not like I cared about Prince, who now sat down on the bed beside me.

He slung his arm loosely around my shoulders. "At least it was just a dream, I'm here with you now." He smiled encouragingly. And I think I managed a small smile back. He seemed satisfied with that.

We ended up talking about practically anything and everything. Yes, we're total opposites; Yet we fit together. Like a jigsaw puzzle.

He eventually fell asleep. And it wasn't until I watched his sleeping form that I realised something which suddenly hit me like a bullet. I don't know how I never saw it coming, but I guess I was just blind.

I like Prince.

Not as a friend. I mean I like him. I don't even know how, he's just so Prince and I'm so Anxiety. We shouldn't belong, yet I want us too. I want us too badly.

The thing is, I know that he'd never like me back. Never in a million years. So I'll just keep it to myself, just like I do with anything else.

But god dam, he looks so cute asleep. Even though we share the same face, his is much more amazing. Maybe it's something to do with him being a prince and all.

I took the opportunity to lay down next to him. If he questioned my position once he woke up, I could just blame it on subconscious movements.

I snuggled into him carefully and drifted off myself.

Prince POV

I lay down after we had finished taking. I closed my eyes, willing myself to fall asleep. Just as I was about to open my eyes and announce that 'I can't possibly sleep for some odd reason' I heard the bed creak. It was followed by some pressure placed on my chest. It didn't take me long to realise that Anxiety had  placed his head on my chest. I was surprised, yet pleased for a reason I didn't know.

I decided just to leave it how it was. Besides, having him there felt nice. Comforting. Only then was I able to fall into the land of dreams.