Ignored Pain

BETTER THAN WORDS

Chapter:Two

Ignored Pain

[JOE's P.O.V.]

Over two weeks had passed since the event where I met Demi. I texted her a few times but it was either no reply or "I'm sorry. I'm busy". So I quit. She wasn't interested. Not in being friends not anything else. So I gave up. After all, she seemed like a bitch. She could've at least try to be nice instead ignoring me. I was done with her. The past couple weeks she was away from the media attention as well. No Instagram or Twitter posts. No Snapchat. Nothing. Was she doing all these to get rid of me? I no longer care to be honest. I'm a independent gentleman after all. Who needs a bitch in their life anyway? No girls. No drama.

Today I was going to Nick's studio to do some writings with him. I wasn't really thinking about Demi anymore. If she wanted to be gone, good thing she's gone. I was looking forward to be back in the industry and do what I love. 

I didn't really realise when it started raining. I looked out my car window and saw a few drops of rain and soon it was pouring down.

Anyway I got out of the car and went inside. I took the stairs and walked to the room Nick was supposed to be in. Instead I found a few other people and Demi sitting on a couch. She looked up at me when she heard someone come in. Everything became so awkward so quick. She kept looking at me for a few more seconds before opening her mouth. She smiled really big and said. "Hi!" Waving at me.

I wasn't really expecting that kind of 'Hi' from her

I wasn't really expecting that kind of 'Hi' from her. I was expecting kind of ignorance. I thought she'd stare for a while and then keep on pretending I wasn't there.

"Hey, I thought Nick was here...." I said kinda awkwardly

"Oh yeah. Um... he just went out for a while. He'll be back.." Demi replied kinda disappointed?

"Okay...I'll just wait for him.." I said.

"Hey, Joe!" Phil, Nick's manager said hugging me.

"Hey.." I hugged him back.

"Long time no see.. Huh?" He said

I sat down on a chair and got a guitar. I started playing random chords and after a while I noticed Demi staring. I let it go. But after some time, it felt really awkward. So I turned to her and asked,

"Can I help you?"

"Um..No.. Not really. I Was just listening to you play..." She said

"Okay..." I continued what I was doing till she got impatient.

"Umm...Joe. Can I ask you something?" She said.

"Sure?" I said kinda confused what she had to ask.

"Hey...Umm...listen, I know that you hate me for not replying to your texts but umm....I needed some time. Okay?" She said.

"I'm confused. And do you really think we should have this conversation here?" I asked

"Maybe not. Lunch?" She asked.

"Fine with me. But I think I'm gonna call Nick.. see where he is." I said.

"He's almost here. I texted him" Demi said.

"Okay, I guess"

"Okay....."

"Have you read 'The Fault In Our Stars'?" She asked out of Nowhere and somehow I got what she was trying to say.

"The 'Okay' thing. Right?" I asked. She started laughing. She had the most precious laugh I've ever heard. It was loud but at the time so beautiful   She didn't hide it. She just opened her heart and laughed. And at the moment, I realised I didn't really hate her that much...

"You read the book?" She asked after calming down

"Well, watched the movie..." I replied

"I see...." She said looking at me.

"Not a reader to be honest..." I said

"Well, all I can say is, you missing a lot in life..." She said smiling.

We were now back to what we were doing. Me playing with the guitar chords and Demi, whatever she was doing. Then Nick came in....

IM BACK!!!!!!!pls comment and show some love ❤️

Maia