Chapter 1

What I was about to do would seem like a death wish to any normal person in Britannia with their head screwed on right.
But I guess I took the risk with more than one perfectly good reason that justified what I was about to do. After all as he liked to believe two wrongs do make a right.

I peeked over my shoulders before pressing play on the voice recorder and pressed stop when I heard the click from the voice recognition security box signaling my entrance. I was wearing a white robe posing as the Bourgeois servant I had knocked out cold.

I straightened my shoulders and walked in through the long hallway stretched out before me. Long pier windows lined the hall chasing out the shadows from every corner and illuminating the marble floor.

Anyone's idea of breaking in, taking what they came for, and leaving without anyone seeing their face was near impossible in this colossal mansion.

He on the other hand was good with impossible.

His face set neutral and pace brisk he passed sentries of both Outcast and Bourgeois class alike surveilling the halls. He slowed down when he reached a room with double the guards then the chamber rooms he had passed.

After weeks of studying the map he knew more about the mansion then he could care to remember which was certainly to his advantage. There was always the chance of needing to escape through the air vents through the ceiling if it came down to it.

The sentries switched stations every five hours with new ones arriving in ten minutes.

He looked down to his watch and counted down.

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

A bell rang shrilly overhead signaling sentries to file out for their break.

He exploited the weakness of their air tight schedule, and realized how big of an advantage unpredictability was.

All the guards left except one who was waiting for the second station to arrive.

He saw his chance and walked up to the Noble guard with a grimace.

"Five hours of guarding sure seems like a great way to spend your time, right? I can switch with you, but you will definitely owe me one later," I winked.

The sentry laughed, "My legs are killing me but hundred credits an hour definitely dulls the pain."

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, "I have never seen you around here before."

"Yeah I have just finished my training so I am eager to experience the real deal. It took me a long while to find my way through this maze to my next station so I left early," I shrugged impatiently.

One minute down two to go.

The gaurd remained oblivious to my inner turmoil and continued on, "It took me days too but I still get lost around here from time to time."

"It's strange though," the guard said wearily, "but we don't normally hire until a week later."

He was running out of time and knocking out the guard grew more appealing each second that passed.

"Well, I am a specially case," I bit out carefully.

The guard shook his head, " I am sorr-"

I kicked him in the stomach sending him staggering to his knees before grabbing his head and smashing it to the wall giving him no time to channel his pheromones.