Chapter Eighteen

"I promise that we will only be gone for a maximum of two hours. We are going to rent some movies and get some snacks from in town. I promise that nothing bad will happen to either of us." I promise Jaxon as i pull a coat onto Matthew's shoulders since he has been complaining about being cold.

The season's are beginning to change and since he hasn't shifted yet his wolf isn't able to kick in and heat him up. Sure, he is warmer then a normal human, but he still wouldn't be as warm as Jaxon.

"I should come with." Jaxon argues as he sits behind his desk that is piled with files upon files.

"You keep pushing off all of your duties and that isn't okay. What if there is something super important in those files and you wouldn't know because you haven't been reading them. I want you to stay here while Matthew and I got out really quick so you can knock out of some of them, and tomorrow I'll help you out, does that sound like a plan?" Matthew tugs on my hand, trying to pull me out of the room because he wants to get the new cartoon movie that came out recently.

"Fine, but hurry back. I don't know what I'll do with my two favorite guys gone. I'll just wallow in my own self pity." I roll my eyes at Jaxon before leaning over to kiss his cheek. A final smile at eachother before I'm being pulled out of the room by a rambunctious boy.

After the party when Jaxon and I welcomed Matthew into our lives, he has been by our sides constantly. Ever once in a while he goes back to his house, but then he is back by our sides in an hour, if not less. I know he loves his mother, and his father, but he has grown attached to both Jaxon amd I, and I don't know if we would be able to ever let him slip out of our hands now that he has brightened our lives for the better.

"This is so awesome, I can't wait. I know I'm going to love it. I love you Remy, your my favorite person in the whole wide world." Matthew cheers as he bounces around in the boosted seat that Jaxon bought for him when we realized Matthew wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"Your my favorite person in world too, little man." I say back as i pull out of the pack house and prepare myself for the half an hour drive into the closest town.

"I thought Jaxon was your favorite person I'm the whole world?" Matthew asks innocently as he sticks his head next to my shoulder.

"Sit back, Matthew i don't want you getting hurt, and answering your question. I love you both just as equally, I just show it to the two of you in different ways." Matthew seems to think about his answer before nodding and humming to himself as he sits in his seat.

The rest of the drive is silent with the both of us in our own thoughts. Did i really say to Matthew that I'm in love with Jaxon? Isn't it too early for that? I don't know a lot about mates and all of that, but I do know that my parents took a long time to get together, am I rushing? I don't want to push too fast since Jaxon still had some serious fears that he is trying to overcome right now. I don't know of i want to tell him until i know he can handle it.

"Come on, babe, let's go get you your movie."