Two

Usually Jughead hated going to school. He doesn't really need a reason... it's school. But for some reason he was excited to go today.

He woke up in a good mood, which was rare.

As Jughead made his way through the school doors, someone interrupted him.

"Well you seem in an awfully good mood for someone who wants to kill themselves," Reggie said.

Jughead didn't say anything. He just stared into Reggie's eyes.

"I thought I told you to leave him alone Reggie," Archie said as he stood in front of Jughead and facing Reggie.

"Why the fuck do you care if I pick on this stupid freak? Unless he's your boyfriend you fucking fag," Reggie said in a disgusted tone.

Jughead flinched at the word. It brought back bad memories from the past. Kids used to bully him because they thought he was gay and that the would get "infected".

"He doesn't have to me my boyfriend from me to stick up for him. He's my friend and I hope I don't see you talking to him again or I fucking swear to god I'll beat your face in," Archie explained in a protective tone.

"You are a fucking faggot," Reggie said as he turned and walked away.

Archie turned around to meet Jughead's eyes.

"Are you alright Juggie? Did he hurt you?"

Jughead just shook his head and breathed heavily.

Archie knew that the word affected Jughead. He was the only friend Jug had during that time when kids found a way to be so cruel. He remembers one night in particular.

They were 14 years old and it was 2 a.m. There was a strong storm and it was pouring rain outside when he heard something hitting his window. He went to go check what it was and saw a soaking wet Jug looking up at him with a scared expression. Archie told him to come up without thinking twice. As soon as Jughead stepped into his room he threw himself at Archie who thankfully caught him. Jug wrapped his arms around Archie and buried his face in the crook of his neck. Archie didn't question him and wrapped his arms around the broken boy and tried his best to comfort him.

He asked what happened and Jughead explained that he had a nightmare that one day after school, Reggie and his ball of douches followed him home and attacked him behind the trailer parks trash cans. But that wasn't it. When he finally got the strength to get up, he walked home to be bombarded with millions of questions by his mother and already drunken father. He tried to explain what happened, but they just told him that they probably did that because he was a fucking fag and he deserved to die. But before Jughead could say anything, he saw his dad picked up an empty bottle of vodka from the corner of his eye and felt an enormous amount of pain on the back of his head. Broken glass flew everywhere as he fell down and hit his forehead on the ground. Blood was rushing down the back of his head and his forehead. He was dragged by the hair by his dad into his room and Jugs mom and dad started to hurt him. Jug was yelling and praying for them to stop but they didn't listen. When they finally finished, Jugs dad left the room as his mother started to say many offensive comments to him. When his dad came back into the room, he had something else in his hand. A gun. Jughead choked out a cry and told his dad to not do it and that he'll do anything he wants. He didn't want to die. Jugs dad shook his head and looked down at him. He said that he doesn't want a sin as a son and he pulled the trigger. As soon as he did, Jughead shot up from his bed and started to scream and cry hysterically. He knew that nobody was home so he went to his only friends house praying he'll be there.

When Archie heard what he dreamt of, he pulled Jug closer to his body and hugged him tighter. Archie promised him that would never happen. Archie told him to strip his clothes off and gave him his shirt that was way too big for Jughead. It went right below his thighs and he told Jug to lay in his bed, so he obeyed. Archie laid next to Jughead facing his and pulled him as close as he could and wrapped his arm around his waist while Jug buried his head right under Archie's and pulled his hands next to him. Archie said that he loved him and he would always protect him.

"Come on Juggie, lets go see where Betty and Veronica are."

He wrapped his right arm at Jughead's waist, causing a blush to form on Jugs face, and started walking down the hall.

Archie was going to keep his promise. He didn't want stupid idiots like Reggie hurt Juggie. He was going to protect him.