Chapter Nine

Lucy's point of view
Happy's job is going to kill me. "Tired?" Natsu asked as he laughed a little. I was tired! I had to get up early just to walk to the next town because pinky over here gets motion sickness.
"Of course I am! You got me up earlier than what I'm use to!" I yelled. This walking isn't any better either. It was nothing but hills and holes and areas where you could be like me and trip 18,000 times!
"Here," Natsu said picking me up and putting me on his shoulders. "You're lighter then what Happy said you were."
"And what is that ment to mean!?" I asked giving Happy the death glare.
"He said you're really heavy, but you're not that-" *smack* "What was that for!?" Natsu shouted.
"You do not ever say a girl is heav!" I yelled at Natsu.
"Whatever."
"Do you want me to smack you again!"
"You won't as soon as I do this," Natsu said grinning. What does he plan?
"Natsu your not going to do that?" Happy asked Natsu.
"We've been dating for a while and she'll need to know sooner or later. Also what is going to happen if we ever have a family and they can do this?" Natsu replied to Happy. Wait what is he going to show me?
"Okay Natsu. Just be careful with her!"Happy said.
"I wouldn't hold onto me for a second," Natsu said.
"Wait what are you-" I was trying to ask him what he was doing the all of a sudden turned into a big red beast!
"So what do you think Lucy? Like me true form of a dragon? " Natsu asked me.
"Um…" I was actually speechless. Its so amazing, if amazing can even explain what I think of him right now.
"Speechless. Well at least I can tell its a good speechless! You humans are to easy to read," Natsu said. What does that mean he can practically read me like a book? Like does he know ever time we kiss or something like that I want a little more then just the kiss?
"I can't read your mind if you're thinking that, but I can read people's body language pretty good."
"Oohhh. That's really good for me!" I said. I don't need him to know everything I think about!
"But along the way we'll be able to tap into each other's heads and see what they're thinking about. I can occasionally, but not very well," Narsu said.
"Wait why can you read mine but I can't read your's yet?" I asked.
"Natsu hurry up and fly already! We don't have all day!" Happy whined. He has a point. We must meet our client by 7:30 AM and it's already 6:54 AM. Wait a minute is Natsu actually flying? When I looked at the ground I saw that we were about 100 ft off the ground. At least I can take hights pretty well.
Natsu's point of view
Time skip
"Go to sleep Lucy," I said. We've been flying for about 10 minutes and she's been fighting sleep the whole time.
"Thanks Natsu," Lucy said as she leaned against the back of my neck.
"Good night my love," I said as I felt her go to sleep. Wait someone else is sleeping on me. I'm pretty sure its a blue cat.
"Natsu you wake me up I'll get Lucy to give you a ‘Lucy kick’," I heard the sleeping thing say. Knew it was Happy. Well at least two people I love are safe at the moment.
Ten minutes later
"Alright Happy and Lucy! We're off to guarding this town for three days!" I cheered.
"Yay!" Happy yelled as he flew around.
"You guys are going to kill me," Lucy said. She doesn't look amused. Well she'll like what we get in return.
"The pay we already know, but we get to stay in their nices hotel during the day when we get to sleep! Also we just have to make a loop around the city to patrol it quickly before our all night shifts each day!" I said.
"Well at least we get to sleep," Lucy said.
"What's up Lucy?" I asked Lucy. She doesn't sound very happy about today.
"Its nothing." She replied.
"You sure Luce? Something is up."
"Its nothing I can't deal with. Trust me Natsu."
"How can I trust you when you look down?"
"*sigh* My mom's birthday is coming up soon and," Lucy was trying to say the last part but she couldn't get it out. "And."
"Lucy, wanna a hug? Its the least I can do while you're upset about your mom and we're on a job," I asked Lucy. I should do something to make her feel better.
"Yes please," Lucy said as she hugged me.
So hey guys I have an announcement to make. So this Fanfiction is coming to a close end. This was ment to be somewhat of a one shot also, but I made it a little long for that. But see you guys in the next chapter! ~Freckles223344