Part 13

Mike and Tracey stood there in the moonlight, and Tracey had a flashback to the first night they met, when "Dancing in the Moonlght" was playing at The Troubadour. She looked into Mike's eyes as she saw his deep, burning desire for her. He leaned in and put his forehead on hers.

"I never wanted to let you go, baby," he said softly.

Before Tracey could say anything, they heard a man's voice.

"Hey Mike, there are some record execs here I think you should talk to!" one of his bandmates said.

Mike turned around and said "Ok man, I'll be there in a minute!"

Then he turned back to face Tracey, brushed the hair out of her face as she leaned on Micky's car and looked up at him. She wanted him so bad.

Mike leaned in close, and put his hands on her waist, kissed her passionately once again, their hearts pounding, each feeling like they belonged there, with each other. Tracey wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in closer. They were making out for about 3 minutes, and then Tracey pulled away and asked "Don't you have to go back in?"

"Oh shoot, yeah, shit," Mike said, he didn't want to leave Tracey but knew the band would be pissed at him if he didn't talk to the record execs.

Tracey giggled, "Well, go back in there. I'll head back in a few."

Mike gave her a quick kiss and then ran back, and she smiled as she watched his lanky body with his arm holding onto his cowboy hat running back to his studio.

She stood there, still leaning on Micky's car, and was a little shook up from what had just happened between them. It's clear the love and passion was still there, but it takes more than that to make a relationship last, and they both knew that. And, she was still going back to Chicago in a few days, and going to school in a month. Which Mike didn't know about.

They still had a lot to talk about, and she felt like she had a long night ahead of her.

She felt hopeful, and walked back into the studio, but what she saw when she walked in made her stomach fall, and slapped her right back into reality.

Mike was standing across the room with his band, the record execs, and Kathryn with his arm around him.

She knew right then and there, nothing would change, and she made the right decision to go back to school. Her and Mike couldn't work right now, and maybe they never were meant to be.

She walked over to Samantha.

"Hey, have you seen Micky?"

"I think he's outside looking at someone's car. Is everything okay?" Sam asked, looking at Tracey's face, she knew she was hurt.

"I'm not feeling too well, you think he wouldn't mind if we left?" Tracey said, now her hands trembling.

Sam looked over at Mike and saw Kathryn next to him.

"Oh, sweetie, I see now, okay, let's go outside," Sam said as she led her out the door.

Tracey was shaking walking towards their car.

"I feel sick! How can he just kiss me out here and then go back in there and have her all over him?!" Tracey yelled. Her whole body was shaking.

"You two kissed?! I didn't know that's what you two were doing!"

Micky heard Tracey and Sam yelling, and he had a feeling it was about Mike.

"Hey girls, what's all the yelling?"