❝I think you can do it,❞

Twelve year old June laughs as her best friend Tupac pushes her a bit since he was trying to beat her to the swing set. She stops and giggles when she notices that he almost trips and falls because he was running so fast.

               June laughs even louder and shakes her head as she begins walking towards the recently turned thirteen year old boy. He was breathing hard and so was she, she stands over his body that was laying on his stomach in the dirt and she places a hand on her hips.

               He laughs a bit more but stops when he realizes that the sun was no longer shining on his neck. He slowly turns around so that he was laying on his back and he smiles widely when he sees the girl who he met an entire year ago; also known as the girl who makes his heart skip a beat whenever he looks into her eyes for longer than a few seconds.

               “I won,” Pac whispers and she playfully rolls her eyes and lays down next to him in the sand, not caring about getting her hair dirty. “as always..”

               “You only won because you pushed me, Pac.” she reminds him but he just waves her off, the two of them looking up at the sky while trying to keep the hot sun out of their eyes. “What does that look like?” she questions, pointing at a cloud in the light blue sky.

               “A dog,” he responds and she furrow her eyebrows, “what do you see?”

               Honestly, she thought that the cloud looked like someone with a crown on and the cloud right next to it looked like a castle, but instead she just said, “I see a dog too.”

               He places his hands behind his head, still looking up at the sky with a small sparkle in his eye. He found the sky to be so beautiful and fascinating. His mother, Afeni, said that he used to look at the sky as if it would disappear if he looked away for a second too long.

               Afeni says that he looked at June the same way, but he didn’t see it. June was his friend and it would be weird if he looked at her as if she was beautiful.

               “Can I ask you something, Pac?” June asks, snapping him out of his thoughts and he responds with a mhm, letting her know that she could speak, “What do you wanna be when you get older?”

               He scrunches his face up and looks over at her but she was still looking up at the sky so he does the same. A big smile then appears on his face, “I wanna be like Malcom X, Martin Luther King or.. Just anyone that can make a difference in the world,” he responds, his eyes wide in determination and eagerness.

               June nods her head, disappointed. In herself.

               Pac wanted to be something realistic while she wanted to be a simple princess that did nothing until her prince charming came to sweep her off her feet.

               June nods once again, sitting up and pulling her knees up to her chest before wrapping her arms around them. She stares blankly at the river and smiles. The river always made her feel at peace, made her feel beautiful.

               “I think you can do it,” June says, watching as a duck swims across the water to get to the other side. “Whenever we’re in Debate class or something, you hold the entire class attention, even Chris and you know that boy can’t sit still,” she jokes causing him to chuckle a little bit, “You can be one of the greats.. You already are on of the greats.”

               He shakes his head and was about to speak but she beats him to it. “From what I be hearing inside of class, you can be the one to make a difference for our world, you know it?” she says causing him to sigh and shake his head again, “Look, you can be the voice for the black community, you love black people, right?”

               “Of course!” He responds and she claps her hands together as if she had just made a point.

               She grabs his face firmly into her hands, looking him directly in the eyes. “Make a difference for us, Pac. If anyone can do that, it's you!”

“Everybody's taught that. You wanna be successful? You wanna be like Trump? Gimme gimme gimme, push push push push, step step step, crush crush crush. That's how it all is... It's too much money here. Nobody should be hitting the lotto for 36 million and we've got people starving in the streets. That's not idealistic, that's just real. That's just stupid... There's no way that these people should own planes and there are people who don't have houses.

               “For everyone who doesn't know, I … an innocent young black male was walking down the streets of Oakland minding my own business and the police department saw fit for me to be trained or snapped back into my place. So they asked for my ID and sweated me about my name because my name is Tupac. My final words to them was 'fuck y'all'. Next thing I know I was in a choke hold passing out with cuffs on headed for jail for resisting arrest. We're currently letting the law do its job by taking it through the court system. We had to file a claim. We're in the midst of having a ten million dollar lawsuit against OPD. If I win and get the money then the Oakland Police department is going to buy a boys home, me a house, my family a house and a 'Stop Police Brutality Center--’’

               June smiles a bit as she watches her old best friend go on one of his usual rants on the televison, she shoves another spoon of ice cream into her mouth as she rocks back and forth on her living room couch, she wipes at her face when another stray tear falls into her tub of ice cream.

               “I miss you so much, Pac,” she whispers, now allowing the tears to fall, “I miss you so fucking much.”

AUTHOR SPEAKS: If it isn't noticeable, I ran out of ideas in the middle of the story and I didn't want to delete it because I was too far into the story - but no worries, I will have another chapter up sometime later. (:

Can you all check out my Eazy E Imagine book, please? (only two chapters up, sorry.).