1 | THE #1 RULE

All rights reserved. © blurredeyesfromtears, 2017

—————

It was boring.

Like, so boring that Luke entertained himself by counting how many jellybeans there were in a bag. He didn't really like the taste of them, but Calum bought a pack for him as a gift.

Only then did the blond realise that the number was written on the upper-right hand corner after peeling open the top. Two-hundred fifty. Whatever, that was close to his estimation skills, which was three hundred.

  "What are you doing?" Michael's feet shuffled into the kitchen dining area, as he gazed over Luke's shoulder.

  "Want one?" Luke offered, ignoring the question.

  "Are there any red ones?" Like a little kid (well, like Michael Clifford everyday) the green-haired boy searched through the bag eagerly, selecting his favourite flavour. "Is the green lime? I hate watermelon..."

  "The flavours are on the back." Calum peeked his head in the room, abandoning his spot on the couch in the living room. "Do you guys want to do something?"

  "Yes!" Luke jumped out of his seat. "What is it?"

  "I dunno. Any suggestions?"

Michael began to eat a jellybean. "Uh, swim?"

  "We did that yesterday," Luke pouted. He didn't really mind swimming, but he would self-consciously hide in the water if he thought people were looking at how fat he was.

In truth, Luke was perfectly in shape.

However, whenever Luke looked at himself, it was always scrutinizing at his body - pushing his self-esteem down. Michael, Calum, and Ashton were definitely lean and had muscles.

  "We could prank Ashton," Calum suggested.

  "I don't want to make him angry. Or feel bad." Luke grabbed the bag of jellybeans from Michael's hands.

  "Hey!" Michael began to wrestled Luke for the junk food. "Give me!"

  "No!" Luke quickly ran away, darting upstairs with Michael hot on his heels. "Okay! Here's your bag!" Luke threw it over his shoulder, but Michael was still in pursuit. The younger boy knew he was safe when he crawled on the bed beside Ashton.

Michael pounced on Luke, starting to tickle the boy.

  "Ashton!" Luke giggled, desperately trying to get out of Michael's assault. "Ash! Ashy! Please help me! Ashton!"

  "Wha—? I need sleep," Ashton said. "Wake me up tomorrow."

Luke was practically dying with laughter. "Michael, please!"

Michael grinned in satisfaction, leaning back on his heels.

Luke hugged himself, slightly aching. "You're so mean. I hate you."

  "I hate you, too." Michael sighed, getting off of the bed. "You idiot, the bag wasn't even closed."

Luke bit his lip, and went under the covers beside Ashton. "Shh, he's sleeping," he said.

Michael scoffed but went out of the room.

Ashton stirred awake, turning to face Luke. "What time is it?"

  "Eleven."

  "Shit." Ashton blearily rubbed his eyes. "What do we have planned?"

  "Nothing. I'm bored."