Chapter Two

Birds chirping. Dog's barking. Bees buzzing.

I was standing in a field, nature working about me.

I looked down and there was Daryl sitting on the ground on a red and white checkered picnic blanket with a basket full of food.

He grinned, standing and kissing me.

Suddenly I felt the ground fall out underneath me.

As I full through the ground and plummeted to the Earth, Daryl showed no emotion, he just watched as I fell.

Soon I felt myself land on something hard and cold, like metal.

I sat up and looked around, and found myself in the torture chamber.

I started panicking, breathing heavily as my eyes widened in horror.

I tried to sit up but suddenly I was tied to the table.

I tried to scream, but nothing came out.

A dark figure appeared, its face covered by a hooded sweatshirt.

"Remember this?" it asked, raising a shotgun and aiming it at my shoulder.

I recognized that voice. I knew that voice.

Suddenly the gun went off, and I felt an intense pain in my shoulder.

I sat up with a start, hearing a scream escape from my mouth.

I wished Ryan was there as I pulled my legs up to my chest and cried into my knees.

*******************************

Snore.. snore.. snore..

"Sophie!"

"It was the Butterflies!" I exclaimed as I whipped my head up from my desk, hitting it on the desk lamp. "Ow."

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Kevin asked me, leaning back in his chair.

I nodded. "Mhm, yeah."

He quieted his eyebrow at me. "Right. Anyway, we got some prints from one of those metal tables in that creepy torture basement." he handed me some photos of the finger prints.

"Is Lanie running tests?" I asked him, rubbing my eyes. I had met Lanie the day before, right before we went to Kevin's house.

He nodded. "Yep. Running one now." he looked at me thoughtfully. "Are you sure you got enough sleep last night?"

I nodded. "Yeah, Kev. I'm fine." I told him matter-of-factly.

"Guys," Beckett said, walking down the hallway toward us. "Lanie got the prints, wanna come with me to look, Sophie?"

I nodded. "Sure."

About a minute later me and Kate arrived at the lab. "Now, you probably already now all this but I'll just go over it one more time. No touching the body, no disturbing any of Lanie's lab work, and no touching the tools." I nodded. "Yep."

There was one of the bodies from the photos on a metal table with markings carved into it, Lanie was standing beside it.

"This victim's name was Mary Parotta, a 34-year-old accountant."

"Why would someone want to kill an accountant?" I asked.

"I don't know, but hon I would just like to point out you look really tired."

"I'm fine." I said, brushing the topic away. "So, we should figure out why someone would want to attack an accountant. And with her size, looks like she wasn't able to fight back much." I noticed that her figure was small and skinny, and she looked about 4'9".

************************************

After work, I went home to my apartment and fell onto the couch with a huff.

The moon gazed through thick grey clouds, atempting to peer through them to light up the night. 

I threw my work bag down on the floor and got up to take a shower. 

I stripped and stepped into the warm steam, washing my hair and body before getting out and changing into warm, fuzzy pajamas.

I was sitting on the couch with hot cocoa watching TV when I heard a noise.

I looked around and shrugged, but I heard it again.

Slowly. I put my mug on the table and stood. "Hello?" I called. "I'm warning you, I have a gun." 

I took my pistol out of my bag and creeped into the room where the noise came from.

I called out again. "Hel-"

I was cut short when a flying bottle covered in gasoline set in flames came flying through my window.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

OOOOOOOOOOOO suspicion. ;)

Soooooooo sorry its so short! xC I wanted to ruch this out because I was having writer's blockkkk.

Thanks for reading!

~Shea