Life

Walking through downtown's streets, feeling empty and completely full at the same time. My headphones are playing Arctic Monkeys and the 4 o'clock's sun is gently hitting the right side of my face. I've got my Dr. Martens' on, my dark blue jeans and my white t-shit, what pretty much defines my style, my armour. Oh, life. Being here always seems to be a good idea. It never ceases to take my mind of things, family, loneliness, stress and worries. This place... Although it's a small alley an hour away from home, it feels so close, so homey and part of my being. There's just something about it; something I haven't been able to figure out yet. Maybe it's the beautiful architecture that surrounds it, maybe it's the fact that it reminds me that I'm actually the only one in charge of my actions and feelings, the reminder that life's so short but you can actually watch it pass right in front of you; I can feel it in my hands, on my shoulders. Taking two buses and my iPhone's full battery, there's nothing else I need. My mind prepares itself for a complete scan, it's like taking a car to a carwash. Thinking absolutely nothing and just admiring my city's architecture, which is one of the few things I actually enjoy from it. Politics, economy and society, everything is fucked up. I hope people could have a place like this one, to put you brain in the weather's hand, on the gelatto's hands, on a good book's hands. Don't think, just appreciate.