A Dancer in chains

"Just a few more seconds" "Megan!, Hold that position" every week I put myself through 35 hours of cruel hard dance. My teacher, Ms Jasta pushed and pushed us until we were nothing but broken pointe shoes and leotards. I've seen girls come out of this studio with there legs broken, like they had been in a war rather than a dance class.

As I stood here holding fifth position for what seemed like forever I began to contemplate what might happen if I left this company and never came back? Would Ms Jasta chase after me or replace me? She always told us "there's always somebody breathing down your neck just waiting for you to fall so like birds they can swoop down and take your spot." Finally we dropped and I could put my feet together again but not for long being on the competition team meant that would soon be doing walkovers and front limbers practicing tirelessly for the comp we were attending in 2 weeks.

There were 7 of us on this desired team myself, Abby, Jewel, Annie, Steffy, AnnaBella and the one we all hated Ashley. How could a bunch of dancers hate someone so passionately? Simple, we stick together to hurt one of us is to hurt is all but there was something that Ashely did that made us despise her. We still got along though after all she is one of us.

Steffy, Jewel and I were best friends and did everything together so it wasn't surprising that we were getting excited that we were staying over at Steffy's house for the weekend. we were planning the details about what we were going to do first when Ms Jasta screeched for us to come back in the dance room and get ready for our trio. Yes we have a trio. we were known as the acro trio so it was not surprising that the three of us were doing aerials all around and cartwheels with us stuck together, they of course were my favourite When I danced with my friends I could forget about the chains that pulled me down