06

"Running out of time, I really thought you were on my side

"Running out of time, I really thought you were on my side. But now there's nobody by my side."
- Don't Let Me Down, The Chainsmokers

"Bo, you need to let me explain." Paul stepped closely to Bo, holding out his arms in a way that meant he was surrendering.

"No, you need to get away from me." Bo stepped back quickly, rejecting Paul's attempts to touch her.

She just saw him transition from wolf to human, there was no way she was going to be able to process this in the five seconds he had given her.

"Bo, pleas-" Paul tried one last time before another voice interrupted him.

"Paul, you need to give her some space." Embry came out of nowhere, causing Bo's eyes to widen even more at the new presence.

"You're a dog too?" Bo questioned, clutching her head to keep it from spinning. She could feel her chest expanding as it got harder to breath.

Embry chuckled lightly at Bo calling him a dog. 

"We are wolves Bo, not dogs." Embry stepped closer to Bo, but a growl rippled through Paul's throat, almost daring Embry to move another inch. Despite all of Sam's insistence that in order for Paul to see Bo again he would have to learn to control himself - including his jealousy - and despite all the work Paul did to try, it was obvious that he was pretty incapable. 

"Don't go near her." Paul removed his eyes from Bo to glare at Embry.

"Don't tell me what to do." Embry growled back.

"I can tell you what to do, she's my imprint." Paul shoved Embry back really hard, riling Embry up even more.

"Well she's my best friend." Embry shoved Paul back.

"You left her for dead." Paul started shaking.

"You left your friends too when you changed!" Embry started shaking.

"You don't know what I did you little-" Paul started screaming, only to be interrupted by Bo's soft voice.

"I can't breathe." Between their fighting, Bo's chest stopped moving. Bo's light whisper was all she was able to get out as she fell to the ground in a heap.

| | |

"Embry, what if you were wrong? What if her lung collapsed? Or her heart gave out? Or she hit her head when she fell? Or-" Paul was interrupted through his endless rant by Embry touching his shoulder gently.

"Paul, I've known her since we were babies. She gets anxiety attacks a lot. When she passes out, she starts breathing again. You just need to wait for her to wake up on her own."

Bo stirred from her position on a soft surface. She felt a weight on her hand, as if it was encased in someone else's hand. She wanted to wiggle her fingers but knew it would alert the others that she was awake.