Dork Diary Part 3: Backstabber

Friday, April 15, 2014 4:11 pm

I learnt something today. Well, rather I taught myself something. The heart is purely there to keep you alive, to pump blood and oxygen to the brain so you can think and move. But once your heart opens the doors to emotion, you stop thinking in the real world and sometimes, the thing that keeps you alive can be the very thing that kills you. That's how I feel today. I gave Jared a simple task, to give the note to Jessy, then his damn sweet-talk crap puts me in a love sandwich. I know Jared likes her, and while they are the two pieces of bread trying to get together, I will be the filling that pulls them apart.

Saturday, April 16, 2014 5:48 pm

I don't know why I left the house today. I guess I was just going through so much depression and personal anguish that I needed to clear the thoughts before they become psychologically damaging. Anyway, I went to the baseball park down Bradford Avenue, where all the kids with actual lives go to hang out. I just sat on the swing for a bit, then Julia saw me and started walking over. I was contemplating whether or not I should have just sprinted across the field in case she hadn't noticed me, until she says, "I heard you like listening to The Script. Me too." Oh, dammit. Jessy must have been talking to her, probably trying to hook us up, the bitch. So I say, "Yeah, they're a good band. You like them?" She stares at me for a while, then asks, "Do you have a girlfriend?" Uh, I would have if some idiot didn't go and get his ins with her. I just shrug. Because I can't explain the situation and she doesn't need to know. She leans towards my swing and puts her face in front of mine. I can see the freckles dotting her nose and the chipped rims of her glasses. "I just had a boyfriend. But he left me for some chick." Ugh, I don't blame him, if 'he' even exists. "But I was faithful to him. Could you be faithful to me?" I just felt like saying, "Well, maybe I'm your ex because hell, no." Her breath is so gross. She touches my hand for a millisecond, which is enough to make my eyes water. I just want to run...so I run. Run as fast and as far as I can. I turn and see her, still on the swing, still staring. Still calling. But I'm still running.

Never again.