Social Gatherings

Do you want to know who I am?

They call me Cassie Waldorf.

Unless they don't know me, then I don't know what they call me.

Not that I care.

I’m the kind of girl that doesn’t wear cake faced make up.

I’m not afraid of people seeing who I am anymore.

That little girl with the shy facade is gone.

I’m the kind of girl that is fine being by herself, but knows that she's still lonely.

I’ve come to terms with myself on that fact that there just might not be anyone out there for me but me.

I’m the kind of girl that brings a book or two to a school function and gets lost in the eyes of a character because their fiction is better than reality.

Or at least mine anyways.

This is not where the shy girl suddenly gets confidence when the pretty boy starts to like her and she is known by everyone, then she (gasp) becomes hated and things become better when she makes a grand gesture to win everyone back and the boy falls in love with her then happily ever after.

Uh no.

For one, I am way too lazy to make the slightest bit of a gesture none the less grand.

In fact, I’m on the cheerleading (or as our overbearing, charismatic, eccentric coach says “pep-squad”) team at my local, beloved high school.

I don’t believe I am ugly, but beautiful?

Far from it.

I have a decent amount of friends…

Okay I lied, I have one.

Her name is Chelsea and a big reason why we are friends is because she has never lied to me once in her life.

I absolutely hate fake people.

I’ve never felt the need to make another friend, although Chelsea has decided to befriend more than half of the school.

There are 3,000 students.

And I have only have 70 Facebook friends.

We are total opposites and I guess we attract.

This isn’t a story about OMG BFFLS forever!

No dear God I wouldn’t put people through the pain of reading something so cliché.

Okay I lied again.

This may or may not be cliché.

You can decide that for yourself.

So do you still want to know who I am?

March 20, 6:38 p.m.— Cassie’s POV

“Are you for seriously going to put me through the undeniable pain of sitting through a school function,” I exclaimed.

“Are you for seriously still calling; dances, football games, recitals, and even classes school functions,” Chelsea asked in a unneeded sarcastic tone.

“Yes, it is the proper way to define these events, that I do not want to attend by the way,” I explained once again.

“Will you please just try to get out of your comfort zone one time before I kill you,” she asked nicely.

“Only if you kill me slowly,” I sighed.

“And that’s why we are best friends,” Chelsea said with a smirk.