Chapter 7: Ashcroft

Reader POV

Me and Jill catches our breaths and slid down the wall. "Captain....." I heard Jill mutter. "I hope your safe..." I muttered myself. "So how do you know Wesker?" Jill asked me. "He found me sleeping in a room after I escaped the forest. I followed him a bit but then I got tired and when I woke up he was gone like a ghost. I ran into him a few times after Sam died...." I said looking away. "I see. What made you join the S.T.A.R.S Bravo Team?" She asked me. "It was to make sure people are safe and happy. So the world wouldn't get thrown into chaos... Also I needed a job too and well I needed to keep my home safe." I said. Jill nodded. "Where did you use to live?" She asked. I was getting a bit irritated but I knew it was to help calm ourselves down. "I'm from Ashcroft, (You home state)." I said. "Wait a minuet..." She said. "Wasn't there a riot there?" She asked. "It was a lot more than a riot. It had to do with a warden who desperately wanted his family back. I was there when Nathaniel Arkady was executed. I saw the world for what it really was at that time." I said, looking out the window. "This shouldn't have been new to me. But it was since I repressed the memories of what happened there. The memories re-awoken what I had seen there and what I had to fight." I said. "So this place reminded you of what you had to fight?..." She asked. "Yes.... Only this time... It's not dark magic, it's science that brought the dead to life.." I remembered my friends.... Father Esteban Cortez, Samantha, Deuce, and Kassandra. Me I happened to be apart of their gang after that." I said. "Esteban was a Judge, Samantha was a Defender, Deuce was an Avenger, Kassandra was a Martyr and I was the Redeemer. I can happily explain what their Creeds are if you want." I offered.

Jill nodded. "Alright tell me." She said. "There are three Creeds: Mercy, Vision and, Zeal. Each have three groups in their category:

Mercy: Martyr, Innocents and Redeemers.

Vision: Hermits, Visionaries, and. Waywards.

Zeal: Avenger, Defender and Judge.

Martyrs Use their own pain as a weapon; Martyrs can focus pain and suffering into responses, both to heal and to harm monsters, and are willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause.

Innocents exemplify the Mercy virtue, their edges emphasize protection and defense, as well as control of light. Meaning you don't judge the supernatural and don't see their monstrous sides.

Redeemers, which I am one, Focus on the conscience and cursed nature of monsters, both by preventing them from attacking or otherwise indulging their habits and making them face their current state. In other words we give monsters a second chance at coming into the light and being human again."

I explained. "So you give second chances?" She said. "Yeah. But the person who did this hell doesn't deserve redemption. This is against everything worse than what the Warden there was doing." She nodded. "What about the Vision Creed?" I nodded. "Okay here's how the Vision Creed works:

Hermits Are one of the lost Vision creeds. Hermits receive messages from the Messengers continuously, as well as information from other hunters. Originally intended as communication hubs for the Imbued, Hermits are almost totally unable to stay around other hunters because of the noise.

Visionaries Intend as the leaders or priests of the Imbued, Visionary edges allow them to see into the future and the past.

Waywards Are the death machines of the hunters, making Avengers look relatively sedate. Possessed of an even more full view of the world than Visionaries, Waywards focus on eliminating any and all monsters they encounter regardless of what is in their way."

I finished explaining Vision. Jill was interested in this. "What about the Zeal?" She asked.

"Avengers Are the poster-boys for the Zeal virtue, and are the most offensively powerful of the creeds. Avengers are focused on a cause, that can easily lead to elimination and extermination of monsters.