The Amateurs

Krista Von Rellonsieur sat in her office, tapping a pen thoughtfully to her chin. A tall woman with blonde hair and striking blue eyes, she was a winner of America's Top Model and an owner of quite a few other modeling awards. This, year, however, she had been chosen as head judge for ATM. It was quite an honor, of course, but she was, frankly, unimpressed as she scanned the list of possible contestants.

"Amateurs." She spat, dramatically throwing down the paper. Leaning back in her chair, her acrylic-nailed hand to her forehead, she sighed. "They have given me amateurs to judge. Very well, if they doubt my skill, I will show them. The whole board. This will be the best modeling competition the world has ever seen." She stood up, and stormed out of her office, red stilettos clacking on the marble floor.

A few minutes later, Krista had regained her composure, gotten a fresh cup of coffee (black, with 1 lump of sugar), and was climbing into her personal limo to speak with the possible contestants. There were 10 possibilities. Her job was to narrow that down to 7. She had already decided that if they were more than 2 minutes late, they were out. As the limo pulled up to the building, she reapplied her coat of bright red lipstick, took a deep breath, and stepped out of the car.

Immediately, there were cameras flashing from every direction, people calling her name. "Ms. Ressonlieur!" "Krista!" "Ma'am-" "Look over here-" "If you could just answer-" Ignoring them all, she marched her way through the mob. After a few minutes of her bodyguards wrestling with the press, she finally reached the huge french doors of the building. The door was opened for her, and she sauntered in smiling, knowing this would be recorded. In front of her was a row of people, varying from merely pretty to absolutely stunning. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. At least they're attractive.

Suddenly, she noticed there were only 7 standing in the row. Maybe her job wouldn't be so difficult after all. "I'm going to call roll and see who is here. It is in your best interest to listen, or I will not hesitate to kick you out." The room instantly went silent and she smiled.

"Now, I am only going to call your first names, because I don't have time to figure out your last names. Michael?" A handsome boy with sparkling eyes raised his hand, flashing white teeth. "Very good. Lakshe?" A thin, short girl raised her hand and smiled nervously. "Karlie?" A medium height girl with beautiful dark hair raised her hand. That one has promise, she thought to herself. "Emery?" A short, blue-eyed girl raised her hand and beamed. "Ashton?" Another handsome boy raised a hand, and grinned. Another one with promise. I can work with these two, at least. The rest seem... nervous. Can't do with that. "Maura?" Yet again, a tall thin girl raised her hand and smiled. We won't have a problem with the audience fat-shaming. Good. "Stephanie?" The last girl in the row raised her hand and smiled. "Okay. That means... Naomi and Tyler are out. We have a group of models! I will meet you back here tomorrow to discuss the rules and while this whole affair is going to go down. And please, wear something nice." The group had a spattering of laughter, and conversation started again as the future models walked out of the building.

Exhausted, Krista sat down in a velvet chair to collect her notes. All of the contestants were good-looking and seemingly good-natured. Here's hoping Amanda will work her usual magic on them. They may be pretty, but they aren't models yet.