Chapter 1

ITS HERE MY CROSS CREEK BABES!!!! The sequel is here. I hope it lives up to expectations. If you guys have any ideas or want to make banners or a cover for it, please let me know and I can give you my email to send them in :) I really hope you guys like it! ALL CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS 110% WELCOME! As I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with this sequel, I am going to need full support from you guys!  Enjoy!
XOXO ~ Affinity
••••••
"Are you going to clean the stalls?" Dillian asks me from the feed room.
"Yeah. In a little bit. I'm trying to figure out my lesson schedules," I respond bluntly.
"Okay, but Taboo is waiting for you."
I shove away from the table and head towards Taboo's stall with a pitchfork and wheelbarrow. "Hey, Blaire, stop. I didn't mean for it to be snappy."
"I know that the stalls need cleaned. I know that the horses need fed. I understand that. I needed to focus on lesson schedules. That is our quickest way of getting income, Dillian. Now I don't know about you, but I sure as hell won't be able to afford this place if we don't have lesson students," I snap at him then continue down the aisle of stalls.
I get to Taboo's stall and feel a pair of arms wrap around me gently. "Dillian, I don't know what to do."
"Babe, we'll make it through this."

After the stalls are clean and the horses are turned out into pastures for the night, I head back to paper work. I shuffle through various lease papers, bills, and files as I try to get myself organized for the week. In order to properly teach, train, and compete, I have to be calm, collected, and prepared. When I finish paperwork, I go to emails. I look at the number beside my inbox. 123. Oh wow. This is gonna take awhile.

I woke up to the sun shining through the office doors. I vaguely remembered finishing going through emails and falling asleep before I got up to go back to the house.

"Good morning, Sunshine," I heard Dillian say as he opened the door to the office.

"Nooooo it can't be morning yet. I wanna go back to
sleep," I whine as I close my eyes again.

"Not gonna happen, Blaire."

"Fiiiine."

I got up to begin my morning chores. Bring the horses in, text to verify lessons, and tack up the horses on the training schedule. Each horse is trained three times a week and there are two groups of horses - Group A and Group B. Group A consists of green horses and problematic horses that are sent in for anywhere from one month to two years and sometimes longer depending on the horse. Group B consists of my horses. Well, the horses that I either own or compete with. I ride for many clients, so I always try to ride their horses before my own. Of course, I want to make it around to every horse in the barn, hence the schedule and groups.

I tack up Group A and tie them in the grooming area. I clip a lunge line onto the bridle of the first ride of the day, Daisy. Daisy is a short little Quarter Horse with a bucking problem. She throws small bucks that turn into bigger ones when she is asked to canter.

I cluck lightly, asking her to trot. She listens easily.
After trotting in the other direction, I decide she's ready for a canter. I give a big kiss and she gives a small buck as she picks up the canter. I wait it out to see if she is going to buck more. She does not. I smile. Finally, progress. I think to myself.

After Daisy is thoroughly warmed up, I decide it's time to ride. I carefully watch her ears as I hop on, looking for her current mood. After getting situated, I squeeze my legs and give her a small cluck.
••
After riding Group A, I walk over to the office to find Dillian sitting with a very unexpected guest.

"Blaire, honey! It's been too long!"

•••••
Oooo I wonder who it is!!! Well, I'm not wondering, but I'm sure you are! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It's not the longest, but I'm making this up as I go so that you guys don't have to wait too long. Once again, please let me know in the comments if you are interested in making a cover or banner. I would love any ideas or constructive criticism. love you, babes! XOXO ~ Affinify