Chapter 1

It was Friday morning. I was sitting in homeroom, I wasn't in such a good mood cause I knew I had to do swimming make-ups activity period. Which was in twenty minutes. I had no idea what to expect because I never did swimming make-ups during activity period before. I just sat there, drawing pictures in my notebook for a while.

When it was finally time to go down to the pool, I walked down the hall with this nice girl jennifer, who is in my homeroom. "are you going to swim make-ups too?" I asked, already knowing the answer because she wrote "pool" for the destination on the sign out sheet. But I just wanted to start a conversation to make myself less nervous. "yeah!" she said with more excitement than I would have guessed. "I never been to swim make-ups during activity period before." I said nervously. "it's not that bad." she started, saying more stuff but I was too distracted with the fact we were four minutes late.

It was 7:44 and we were suppose to be there at 7:40. I hated being late for swim class. It meant you didn't get a changing room. There were only two changing rooms, but there were also two bathrooms people used to change. "I hope we're not late." I said worried. "no, I don't think. It's not gonna be that bad. There's usually only a couple kids at these make-ups. Most of the kids go to after school ones." she said. "oh." I said, nodding. "yeah, we only swim for about twenty minutes, then she let's us change and go." she told me. "so we won't be late for first period after this?" I asked. "no way! She can't do that." she said with a reassuring smile. I felt much better after that. At least I had jennifer with me. I hate it when the classes are filled with snobby bitches, like the last study hall make-up I went to. I had no idea I was doing a make-up in an actual class! I was late first of all, and everyone was staring at me. Then after being around those stuck up freaks, they opened the changing room curtain on me! They're so lucky i still had my clothes on or else i would have kicked their asses! I never did that make-up again, and was never planning to. That's the whole reason I decided to give activity period a try. We walked down the long steps into the girls' locker room, then I set my books down on the first bench. Jennifer did the same. "I'm gonna go change in here." I said as I carried my bag with me to one of the changing rooms. "good luck!" she said. I didn't know if she was being sarcastic or if she was being for real saying that, so I just ignored her.

After I was all changed, I headed back out to see that jennifer was all changed too. I reached in my purse for a pony tail. I found one, but then decided not to put my hair up, so I just left the black band on my wrist. I grabbed my orange and pink stripped towel and wrapped it around my body, fixing it many times, stalling so Jennifer and I could walk into the main pool room together. When she was done putting her hair up and wrapping on her towel, we started walking. "let's go." she said as we headed out.

I saw there were two other guys there, who looked like freshman. Jennifer and I were sophomores. It was unusual seeing the pool room so empty. But it was even more unusual seeing that Mrs. Mittlider wasn't there, but a new teacher was, standing in her place. I took a minute to look at him.

He was wearing black swim shorts that had white stripes on the side of them. He had a long chain on his neck, which held many things including keys, a whistle, and his ID. "Harry styles" it read. He wasn't wearing a shirt, but was wearing black Adidas sandals. He had a six pack, and his tattoos were so hot. He had a large butterfly stamped on his upper abs, and two swallows on his chest. His whole left arm was covered in a mix of tattoos, including a anchor on his wrist, a pirate ship on his upper arm, and a pair of hands on the back of his arm. He wore a dark green bandana, which matched his eyes, over his dark brown curly hair. I was just staring at him, admiring his appearance. He noticed this, and walked over to me a little bit.

"sign in right here so I know you did a make-up." he said. I did what he said and grabbed the pen that was on the sign in sheet. As I signed in, mr. Styles leaned in a little closer and watched as I wrote my name and the date. He put his warm hand on my back. "ok, miss Mikaela, now just get in the pool and swim laps." I did what he said.