Winter

I rushed to the airport. I expected your face to be there. I wanted to see your face once more. A plane landed from San Francisco, I had my flowers ready and my homemade brownies-- made by Jin-- in my hands. I hoped every person that walked out was you. Then, everyone finally walked out, but you didn't appear.

I sat down on a bench by the gate, and I called you. Once you answered it, you sighed. "Jimin, I can't go back. I have to stay here." Tears filled my eyes. My hair was untouched, hoping to feel your hands in it. My hand shook, wanting your hand to fit perfectly into it. My eyes filled with tears, wishing to see yours and fall in love again.

"Jimin?"

I held myself together, "Yeah?"

"I'm hoping to be back by summer to visit, but for now I have to stay here."

"V-visit?" I choked out.

"Yeah. I have to stay here for another year, it's part of the contract. I'm sorry."

"I've waited a whole year, I'll wait another if I have to."

I could feel you smiling from the other side of the line. It warmed my heart a bit. You hung up. Back at square one again.

Wishing for your hand in mine.

Wanting your body to wrap around mine.

Us talking.

But I have to wait.

Another season.

Another year.

But that's okay.

I'll wait as long as I have to.

Your hand may not be touching mine.

Your eyes may not be seeing mine.

Your body may not be hugging mine.

You may not be here with me.

But that's okay. I'll wait as long as I can for you. For us.

I'll wait till the end.