Prologue

(y/n)'s pov

I woke up to the blinding rays of sunlight that glared into my eyes. 

Slowly, as my eyes adjusted to the bright room I then painfully became aware of this unfamiliar surrounding.

Oh right, I thought, I moved in with Kou's family...  (Kou is your nickname for Bokuto)

It's been a few days since I said my goodbyes to my parents at the airport. My dad have been given a better job opportunity in the United States, which made him to decide to quite his current job and head for the country of dreams with me and my mom.

However, I was determined to stay in the country of my birth and declined my parents' offer. Which will explain why I'm in my current situation.

Being the overprotective parent that she is, mom asked my aunt, Chieko, if I could stay with her family until I graduate high school. And Cheiko, being the nice person that she is, welcomed me with opened arms into her house.

Also living with aunt Cheiko caused me to move schools, since it's at least an hour ride from the Bokuto household to Nekoma High. So it's been decided that I will go to Fukurodani Academy with Kou much to my relief.

'At least I will know someone in the school and won't be a loner.

My one year at Nekoma was harsh on me. Being the volleyball geek that I am, I naturally signed up to be in the girls' volleyball team. At first everyone on the team was nice toward me, and we would practice and even occasionally joke around with each other.

Being in the girls' volleyball team also lead me to becoming good friends with the members of the boys' volleyball team. They were such a wild and fun group to be around. So back then I couldn't wait to go to school the next day.

Little did I know that all good things must come to a cruel end...

One of the middle blockers on my team got jealous of how close I'm with the members of the boys team, especially Kuroo. She was then green with jealousy, since she had a huge crush on him expect that I didn't know.

So she started spreading rumors about me sleeping with the boy, and the slowly but surely people started calling me names and started bullying me. My teammates and so called 'friends' turned their backs on me so their reputation would be saved.

The boys were unaffected and tried to comfort me but I built up solid walls around my hearts and started to distant myself from them so their high school life wouldn't be ruined like mine was. 

And it worked.

I became the laughing stock in my classes and in club activities and eventually the school knew me as the freak. I had no one, no friends, and was a loner in school. And whenever my parents asked me about school I would plaster a fake smile and say, "Everything's fine."

Everything is not fine...

And would cry silently in my small, dark, cold room for hours until my pillows were drenched in my tears.

But all that is going to change this year. A new school meant a new start, and a clear reputation. And I would let no one take and steal my happiness from me because that happiness belongs to only me.