Chapter 1 - Take My Breath Away

Vanah P.O.V.

Hey y'all. My name is Savanah Rogers, Vanah for short. Today I start my first day of senior year at my new school. Harristown Public High School. I recently moved to Belletown, New Jersey (made it up). Let's see how this goes.....

Christa: Vanah you better come eat this breakfast before you leave. Gotta start your last first day off right!

Me: Comingggggggg

Christa (Cee) is my older sister. Our parents put us up for adoption when we were younger and ever since we've only had each other. She legally adopted me as soon as she was able to so she's like a mother figure to me.

Me: Ouuuuu bagel and cream cheese? Smells so good, thanks Cee

Cee: No problem. Now hurry before you're late!

I grabbed the bagel, kissed Cee, goodbye, then walked out the door and into my car. I turned the radio up and drove to school.
.................
As I got to the school, I was in shock. I had never seen a school so big. Nothing like my old school back in Brooklyn. I parked my car then walked into the school. Upon my arrival, a tall, pretty, and very energetic girl approached me.

Jordan: Yooooooo! I never saw you around here before! You new? Yo wassup. Lemme see your schedule. Silly me, didn't even introduce myself. The names Jordan but everybody calls me JoJo. And you are...?

Me: Uhhh hi *chuckles* I'm Savanah, Vanah for short. And it says my home room is 506.

Jordan: That's crazyyyy! So is mine. Come on I'll walk ya. So where you from?
..................
We begin walking down many halls and stairs in search of our class.

Me: I'm from Brooklyn. Buttt my sis and I moved here because she got a promotion at her job.

Jordan: that must've been so tough. Do you miss your friends?

Me: Well I didn't really have friends because only a handful of people liked me. And from that handful, they were all fake anyways. So it's just my sister and I.

Jordan: oh no sweetie. Well you will NOT be treated like that here. Look, Day one and you've already got a friend in moi.

Me: i mean we just met but sure , why not?

Jordan: I like you new girl.

We continued walking and talking until we finally reached room 506.

Jordan: Here we are, cell 506. You can sit in the back with me.
........................
Our entrance into the class was followed by whistles and many whispers.

Tanya: Who is this?

Jordan: Lay off her....She's new. Just relax

Tanya: I dunno what's funnier... that outfit or the fact that someone transferred to our bumass school *laughs*
........................
I was wearing a regular, degular outfit. Black shirt, black jeans, with black pumas. Basically, I could tell sis was a hater. *sips tea, and it's unsweet*

Me: maybe it's that nutass hoodie you call a frontal, I can see your braids babe

Jordan: Oh shit...

Tanya: Bitch you think you're funny?

Me: Nah but the rest of the class seems entertained so... what does that say?

A sea of "oohs" and giggles swarmed through the classroom

Tanya: you don't even know what you just started

I smiled a gave two thumbs up. I turned around and went to sit down next to Jojo. Our teacher Ms. Henderson came in and started teaching.
.................................
About 30 minutes into her class, a tall, fine, Nike wearing, Shawn Mendez look alike strolls through the classroom as IF he's not late.

Ms.Henderson: How nice of you to show up Mr.Smith. See you in detention later.

Evan: Nice to see you too Ms.H.

He came and sat down right next to me. I could hardly breathe. How exactly am I supposed to focus on anything when this beautiful soul has placed his heavenly body right next to me?!?!? He smelled like them fancy perfume pages in the magazine. I swooned in my seat. I couldn't help but stare. I guess he saw me staring bc he turned to me and whispered-

Evan: Get tf out my face.

Beeeeeppppp. Error-555! fantasy ruined...Not at all what I was expecting. "F#%¥ you" I said as I turned around in my seat.

Jordan: dont fw that one. Trust me.

Me: yea I get that now.

I ignored it all day as I unfortunately had all my classes with the handsome bastard. At least I had Jojo tho. The day seemed to go on forever, then finally, lunch came.

Jordan: so I noticed you eyeing Evan. You know, before he curses your ass out

Me: What's his problem?

Jordan: no one knows. He just comes in, sits down, and says nothing. The kid never talks to anyone in homeroom. The only time he talks is when he's with his friends in gym.

Me: Is he.... gay?

Jordan: no ofc not. He just isn't the kind of girls here. Which is odd because they are constantly throwing themselves at him

Me: that's real weird

As Jojo rambled on and on about Evan, I was thinking to myself. Maybe I could get him to open up. Even tho he's a dickhead, I still find myself strangely attracted to him. Maybe I just need to show him how good of a person I am and he might just give me a chance.
............
They day is finally over. I tell Jordan bye then leave the building.  I'm walking to the parking lot to get my car. I get in and I'm about to close the door. But before I can fully close it, a guys hand stops it. I look up. It's Evan.

Evan: Hey there, new girl *smirks*

Me: What do you want....

He stares into my eyes and I stare back into his. There is dead silence. Idk what to expect next.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What could he possibly want from her?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! This is the first chapter of my new book. If it gets likes, I'll continue. It's not perfect but obviously I'm not the best writer lol. I really enjoy reading books so I figure why not try writing one....again..... after like my 50th try.... anyways 😂 carry on, enjoy!