1st

Tapping the black pen against my temple I turned around to look at the light chestnut skinned girl dabbed makeup off her light wash jeans with a wet paper towel. I shook my head and turned back to the round table surrounded by people who should actually be here.

He looked me dead in my face, laughing before I could even fix my lips to talk. I screwed up my face as he said "Don't even fucking start Nyaira".

"I'm not starting," I said, throwing down my pen and sitting back in the black leather chair. "But.." All the guys started laughing immediately. I shrugged and laughed too, "I just don't know why she here. Or why you tryna get me to write you a song about her."

Rock reached over the table and pushed my head to the side, earning a swift slap from me. "Always fucking rude. Shordy right there, bro".

"Oh really? Never even noticed the jawn." I threw up my arms. I really did not care what the jawn heard or felt. She was just a jawn. As if he don't have five other broads. Rock would get bored with her soon but he wanna write a song about her like he's in love or something. Or, I should say, he wants me to write a song about her. I'on know the first thing about the girl. I don't know what's up with their relationship, or whatever you wanna call it. But if he wanna profit off her then its whatever I guess. Shit, as long as I get paid. "How you want me to write a song about her if I'on know shit about her."

"Uhh..shit," he shrugged, licking the length of the blunt in his hands before rolling it up. He looked over my head at the girl, examining her.

I shook my head and picked up my pen again. If anything gave me inspiration, it was a pen in my hand. But even that couldn't bring a word out of me.

"Why y'all don't go out to dinner and talk or something. Ain't that what y'all chicks do now?"

"Bruh, you really wanna send Ny smart mouth ass out with shordy? Alone? Do you want a mix?" Walley piped in. I nodded my head. Knowing myself, I'd say some out of line shit and it'd be over. For her anyway.

"Ard ard. Listen, y'all go out and don't fight. How simple is that?"

"I wasn't tryna fight ya chickenhead, Rock." I looked over at her. "Yerrp.Yerrrrrrp. Jawn!" I turned back to the laughing group of niggas at the table. "Get ya fucking chick before I say no and you and Walley simple asses have to write the song by y'all selves."

"Leelee baby" he called across the room, taking a break from laughing. She quickly popped her head up from her phone. "Listen, wait, matter fact bring yo ass ova here. Fuck am I yelling across the room for?" She got up and came over to Rock's chair, where he proceeded to pull her into his lap. "Listen. This is Nyaira, she my songwriter and shit-"

"Damn, what an introduction," I sarcastically mumbled.

"Shut the fuck up, Nyaira. Damn. Anyway." He shook his big ass head, "she writing the song for you, but she got to know us first. So I'm letting y'all go eat and have a lil conversation so she can start this song". She nodded as he pulled his wallet out his pocket. He slid the gold card into her hand before pushing her off his lap.

"Can't trust me, Rocky?" I laughed standing up. I stuffed my notebook, pens, and sharpies into my light beige Hermes bag. Everyone laughed as I led the girl out of the room.

"So how you get up here?" I ask, lighting up a short blunt.

"Rock called me an Uber."

"Mm", I blew the smoke out the side of my mouth. "Well I called myself a Lyft up here soo. I guess we hopping in a lyft." I pulled out my phone to open the app. "Where we going?"

"I actually don't really know this area," she gestured around here, this area being North Philly.

I hummed as I continued smoking. I was trying to think of a nice place to eat that would suit her, or what she outwardly possessed. I finally requested a Lyft to The Continental. I was in the mood for Buddakan, especially since this was on Rock's tab, but I was way too dressed down in my cropped gray tank and navy Adidas joggers. I finished my el as the car rode up in front of us, stepping on the roach as I climbed in.

"Hi, welcome to The Continental Philadelphia. We're especially happy you decided to visit us for dinner tonight." The redhead waiter gave us the introduction, running down the history of the original Continental restaurant. "Are you gals ready to order?"

"Yes, we're ready. You go ahead first." I nodded to my dinner date.

Her head popped up from the menu and then dipped back down. "Ok, well I'll take the baja fish tacos for my entree and the chicken dumplings for the appetizer."

"And I'll take, wait, do y'all have turkey bacon?"

"Uh, actually I don't believe we do. We do offer tofu bacon though."

"Oh, I'll skip then. Can I have the lobster mac and cheese. And uhh, I'd like the pineapple blush to drink. Thank you." I smiled as I handed back my menu.

"And what will you have to drink?" The waiter asked the girl.

"Oh..Uh.." A confused look crossed her face as she looked at the sprawling drink menu.

"She'll just take an eighteenth and sansom. That's a safe drink choice, I think, right?"

"That's what I would suggest." The redhead beamed. She walked away with our menus and silence fell over the table again. We hadn't spoke since we were outside Retro City Studios.

"Ard, fuck it. I'll break the ice. My name is Nyaira. I write for Rock. Your turn."

"Well, I'm Aaliyah. I make youtube videos. And I'm Rock's..well, I don't know. We date."

I tried not to make a dumbass face as I held back my laughter, but I could feel it breaking through. "Ard, sis." I pulled out my notebook and pen to write notes for the song. "Tell me about you and Rock."

"Well we met over instagram." I wanted to roll my eyes so hard but I can't even act like I haven't gone on a few dates with some insta-dudes. "We went on a few dates. He took me shopping. He flew me out to a few places. You know, the usual for a rap nigga." I nodded for her to go on. "We talked a lot, though. Which, in my mind, separated us from whatever else he has with whoever else. And, I mean, he spoiled me. He ain't even care that I have a nigga back home."

Now, I was not boutta just let that rock. "So you have a boyfriend and you going around with Rock? And he knows?"

"Yup." She chuckled. "I guess he's in no real position to judge me considering he fucking like five other girls at the same time that we trying to build a relationship or whatever."

"Sis.." I shook my head as I started writing in my notebook. "I'm judging the shit out the both of y'all. I know he low but I ain't know he that low. Shit, that's trife."

"Trife?"

"Triflin', sis. All the time you spent around him and you never heard that?"

"Nah. I just know jawn and arrd."

I chuckled. "Damn. So how much time y'all been fucking with each other? Tell me about how he feels about your nigga back home."

"Well, we met, like, four months ago I wanna say. And he's really..well I guess you could say he's selfish."

-♡-