Vixen: Chapter 17

Mature readers only. This is the full length Ch 17 that includes the explicit sex scene. 

Chapter Seventeen - Unedited

The car ride was excruciatingly long and drawn out. Raphael drove in silence for hours, barely sparing me a glance. Time was slowly pulsing away with every tick tock of the seconds. We completely covered the entire human civilization nearby without stopping once. I didn't like being in the dark, let alone being given the silent treatment by my own beloved; it simply wasn't fair.

I knew for a fact he wasn't ignoring me out of anger or irritation, simply for the fact that a small smile graced his lips and I had knowingly erased his memory. Raphael was a quiet, brooding creature so I shouldn't have been to alarmed by his silence, but I couldn't shake the feeling of being unnerved. 

"Where are we headed?" I broke the silence by asking a question. 

Raphael looked at me from the corner of his eye and his smile transformed into a smirk. I rolled my eyes as my annoyance grew. The bastard wasn't going to tell me. 

"You'll find out when we get there," was all his response was. I sighed and slouched further down into the leather seat. The world outside the window whirled by in a blur of colors until darkness slowly crept over, shrouding everything. I thanked Fate for my supernatural senses, but in the dark I only saw in black and white. 

Hours must have passed because our marriage had happened at the break of dawn, and here I was whizzing through the middle of the night.

Silence fell upon Raphael and I once more, and by his posture, he too seemed exhaused by the day's events. We were probably worn for entirely different reasons, if only he still knew that I had taken my father down and captured his crown. When we returned home I'd have a slew of duties to attend to.

Sleep was begging me to comply and fall into a bottomless pit of unconsciousness.I fought with all my urges just to keep my lids open, but my attempts were futile.

*****

"Cora, baby, wake up," A hushed voice penetrated the walls of my unconscious state, slowly pulling me out of the dark into the world of light once more.

I stirred awake and light leaked through my lids; Color filled my world once more, and I was surprised to find myself engulfed by a plush comforter and wallowing in a king size bed. Raphael was standing and gazing out a completely glass door as the sky was littered with soft water color hues.

Dawn, it had been a whole rotation of the Earth already.

I yawned as a response to waking up and stretched my arms out far. My body was still clad in what I was wearing yesterday and I was glad that he hadn't taken upon himself to change me into pajamas. He didn't need to see the merchandise just yet, especially when I'm in such a vulnerable state. 

Give in, mark him, my wolf chanted her mantra over and over again in the back of my mind. I attampted to shove her into the smallest cranny of my mind, but she kept on forcing herself out. She didn't want to be tucked away and let her desires go unnoticed. 

Wolves often broke everything when they consumated for the first time. Fated pairs during the mating process didn't care about anything except for being with each other, and ensuring the other was probably marked. The first bite was a feeling of pure ectasy and normally let wolves in a euphoric high. Not to say that biting and marking each other again wasn't blissful, but it never quite compares to the first bite. 

Raphael was shirtless, and the morning sun had highlighted every contour of the strong rigid mucles underneath his smooth golden skin. I appreciated the sight, but when he turned around to greet me, he caught me shamelessly staring.