Chapter four~ awkward

In two weeks, it's my birthday, i'll be 16. And guess what? I have an exam today. I don't even know what to do, but it's only for maths.

I met Laura at the gates again, "sorry, for yesterday," she began, "I didn't mean to send you to medical room".
"It's alright, we better get going, the bells going to go soon",
We walked into the school.
_______________________________

In form, Miss was happier than usual, I don't know why. She is normally always snappy at people, just for whispering.
"Good morning Anne!"
"Morning Miss" I mumbled back.
In form, Its sometimes, pretty awkward because the head teacher always walked in and only checked, on me. Saying that i've got social anxiety, I don't answer her, so doesn't Laura, we just sit there, and smile.

I'm the only person that Laura only feels comfortable talking to, she told me yesterday. I felt warmth inside me when she said that, I felt respected for once, loved.

______________________________

At break, I heard a shout of my name, I turned around to see the head teacher walking briskly towards me. I felt like I was in trouble. "Miss Anne, come with me please".
I said nothing, I just followed her and so did Laura. We looked so confused, we hadn't done anything wrong really, unless she's talking about that fight with Phil, she's a little too late for that.

We entered her office, "Miss Anne, Miss Laura",
"Yes" me and Laura said together,
"you have done something incredibly wrong"
"And what would that be," Laura replied,
"Phil came up to me today, I know he is gay, and he is learning in an all girls school, but that doesn't mean that you can beat him up!"
"We didn't know he was gay! He started it anyway!" I said, a little to loud,
"You will both have an after school detention with me tomorrow"
"Ok, but don't expect me to come, ok?" Laura said.
"Well, if you don't come, you will be excluded", Miss replied,
I saw Laura take a deep swallow, we then walked out.
"i'm still not going to that detention you know, I don't care if I get excluded",
I said nothing, we just both walked to our class, English.