i. modern day 2017

It was a bright and warm June day. The sun is shining but the bride of the day outshone the sun. Perfect for a wedding.

A lovely bride named Kim Jihyo was going to marry the man she has loved for seventeen years. The lovely bride made her way to the car and it drove her all the way to the cathedral.

Upon arriving, she was happy to see all of the guests arrived. She caught a glimpse of the back profile of her husband. Even though he was not facing her, she knows that he looks very handsome in her eyes.

When it was time for the wedding to start, she got out of the car and stood behind the wooden doors. When they opened, she could hear gasps from the guests. She knew she looked perfect. But from afar, she could see her husband's knees shaking.

She wanted to reach out and touch his hand and tell him that it's okay but he did the unexpected.

Her husband marched out of the church.

She was left standing stunned in the aisle. Her eyes welling up with tears. How could he....

🌸 🌸 🌸

She didn't know what time it was but the sun finally sets and it was dark outside already. Jihyo had been sitting all day behind the altar of the cathedral. She knew she was a mess, and she decided to go home instead.

She walked home wearing her dress. Neverminding if the cars that passed by her made fun of her or pitied her. Not long after, the rain started pouring down from the skies. She felt the rain drops fall on her, and she decided to run.

She ran on the road to get to the other side but she stopped on her tracks when she found a woman who looked exactly just like her, wearing a hanbok, running in the middle of the road and stopping in the same tracks as hers.

She was her.

And her was she.

She heard a loud honk and not long after, her body fell on the road.

🌸 🌸 🌸

Days before the incident, Jihyo was in a museum with her friend, Miyoung. They were looking into canvas' when they stopped and stared at a canvas painting of Princess Jueun.

"Did you know Jueun had a secret love affair?" Miyoung asked. Jihyo could only shook her head in response.

"Well in history, Jueun and third prince Yo had a secret love affair. They were both married in different families but at night, they kept seeing each other. Which I think is the greatest love story of all time." Miyoung kidded, Jihyo could only shook her head and leave her behind.