iv

I went outside of the kitchen and towards the gates. What does he want to say that he came all the way here? 

And not from afar, there he was. His hair tied up and neatly placed behind. And his eyes piercing on to mine. If it wasn't for the sun, he would have asked why my cheeks are turning red. 

"Your Highness, is there something that you needed to tell me?" I asked as I looked at him. His eyes still didn't removed from mine and it was already getting awkward. 

"Your Highness-" I started to say. 

"I want you to come with me to the festival tonight." He finally speaks. 

"I want to accept your offer, Your Highness. But I am going with another Prince. And please leave, I am very busy at the moment." 

And then I closed the door infront of him. 

The Yudu festival Tonight, the Yudu festival would take place. I was told by my mother to dress up as nicely as Prince Junhui and Prince Yibo would come with us. 

I was still shocked when I learned about how my mother plans on arranging my marriage with either one of them, without her telling me personally. I don't want to rule with someone else, I wanted the throne for myself---

"Your Highness? Queen Song has wished to give me these dresses for you. You have to choose which you would wear for tonight's festival." Ri Na explains, her hands carrying a mountainous amount of dresses that varies in different colors. 

As I looked into every dress that was given to me, I couldn't find a color that suited my tastes. Though the design was very pretty, but not all of it were my style or to my liking. 

"Choose the blue and white dress with lace. He likes them." 

I turned around quick from my behind. There was that voice again. That voice who spoke to me yesterday. Goosebumps ran all over my body, I bent down and chose the blue and white dress with lace. I mustered up the courage to smile to Ri Na while showing it to her. 

"I'll be wearing this one." I said. Ri Na nodded to me. 

"Excellent choice, Your Highness. I will inform the Queen that you already have something to wear." She speaks, carrying the clothes in her arms before leaving my  chambers. 

✿ ✿ ✿ 

Before we could depart from Kaesong to Songdo, I went out for a walk around the garden. This body and these memories aren't mine. I knew I am only completing someone else's life.

I found a tree not far from me that bears pink flowers, I turned to admire them and found one that blossom very pretty. I took it out from it's stem and placed it on the side of my hair. 

"Princess Jueun." 

I turned around and found Prince Yibo walking towards me. I smiled at him in return. 

"It's nice to finally meet you, Princess." He says, taking my hand from his and planting a kiss behind my hand. "I heard that you fell and cannot remember a thing, is that true?" He asked, his eyes looking straight at mine. 

"Tell him that you remember him very much." 

"I did. But I remember you very much." I answered with a smile. And I think I saw his face redden--

"Thank you for remembering me Princess, shall we head back?" He then extends his arm to mine, in which I took hold in return. 

✿ ✿ ✿ 

Wang Yo 

Nighttime has already fallen, and everything is in place. 

The show would go smoothly while I plan to to let some of my men inside the castle. I knew everything would go smoothly, until I saw her. 

She looked more brighter. No, she looks brighter every day. But who is that man beside her? And why did he had to hold her hand? 

I was almost going to approach them until I felt a lightweight hand on my wrist. It was my mother's. 

"Do not go anywhere near that woman. A low class family they are." She spat. 

The words hurted me. I wanted to tell my mother nice things about the Song family and Kaesong, but I knew that she would never listen. And so I had to admire her from afar. 

I slowly slipped myself away and escaped from the back. From behind, I could get hear the screams of the guests. I mentally cursed to myself, they could hurt Jueun. 

I was about to re-enter, when I caught sight of her, holding her hand was her maid.

"I have to get to Yo!" She says. 

"My Lady, please be assured that His Highness can take care of himself." 

As much as I wanted to let her slip away, I needed to deal with I had planned first. 

And then I fled.