"Where It All Began"

Ghost stories usually start with weird people, weird places and dark ideas, right? Well this specific one starts with youthful love, color and music. It all started when mom told me to spend my summer with my dad in the city. Despite of the fact that they are divorced -- well annulled to be exact -- they are still friendly with each other. Going back. So yeah. I hated the city. I remember growing up as a child in Manila begging to be in the province where I could enjoy beaches.

Going back again, so yeah. I went to the city.

Thankfully though, I managed to bring my beloved guitar. The only thing that really mattered to me. So every night, I sneak out of the house, and go to a nearby park. I sneak out at around 11pm and go back home at around 7am. I sleep the whole day afterwards. My dad never really notices because work got him too busy. The perks of living with another guy. Mom was a different story. Even if she was busy, she would always notice if I got home 30 minutes late.
The park is empty every time I go there. Well, who would be there at that time and place under normal circumstances, right? Well I would.
I would be there strumming violently and singing the blues as the night sky envelops every melody I make. I even make my own songs sometimes, usually staring at the sky for inspiration.
"Sunshine and city lights will guide you home", I sing the song that Greyson did a few years ago.
One surprise came though, one night. I was playing the guitar, eyes closed, sitting at a bench, and singing a song. I enjoyed way too much but when I took a pause for the chorus, I felt a certain presence beside me. My blood suddenly became cold. I felt my body hair stand. My eyes were closed but I wish they were forever glued. Is it a psycho path murderer? A thief? A ghost? Will I die tonight? I opened my eyes after gathering enough courage. It was a girl. A faint, pale and delicate looking girl. She gave me a pretty smile which could have melted anyone's heart-- but it froze mine.