Chapter One

Let me tell you now, this was one eventful day at the firm today. Here's me thinking its going to be a regular day going in, looking through case files that kind of stuff, however that wasn't what happened at all. Let me give you the run down....

PREVIOUSLY 11 HOURS AGO

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep

What time is it? I think to myself as I lean over and take my phone of charge whilst it was sleeping all night on my night stand much like myself, however the only difference was that I was on my bed.

Another day at the firm for me today, much to my misery today was the day my whole family jet of to Santorini for a massive family reunion, although it's probarly best that i didn't go.

Wondering why? well its because i decided to take up Criminal Law instead of running my family business. Since i was 14, doing what i'm currently doing has always been a dream to me, my parents knew but thought it was just gonna be a phase.

Once i finished my course for Law, i got offered a place at one of the most prestigious law firms in Amercia, how could i say no? So i packed my bags and took the next flight out. I've been working there ever since, and i am very much happy. Cheers to another 4 years and more. Being a lawyer at 24, i don't always get taken seriously so people tend to be hesitant, however i always win the case for them. 100% success rate, reasoning why i'm such a requested lawyer at the firm.

I quickly send my mum a text wishing her a safe journey before i grab my laptop and reply and read some emails, i always wake up around 30 minutes before i need to start getting ready so i have time to respond to emails and what not. After getting out the shower and getting ready, i leave my apartment and drive to work.

Once ive drove to work, i park my car in the private parking area, provided by my firm. As soon as i walk in i make my way into my office with my head boss behind my trial. Before i even get a chance to speak he says this.

"Leighla, I have an important case for you, however you need to prove to me as your boss that you're worthy enough for this. Although seeing as you're my top lawyer in the company, this shouldn't be an issue. This will be you're biggest case yet, the big break you've been waiting for. Make moves carefully. We shall call this case...

'The Big Break'"

J Xo