Chapter Three: The Workaholic

A/N

               I edited. :)

            My mind is actually playing the whole story right now. I need to slow down a little bit for me to be able to write all of it! This is what I hate the most with myself: When I start a story, I can’t finish writing it because I have already finished it in my mind. Great. But I want to finish this story. I have to.

Makati Central Business District

Makati City, Philippines

            The smell of the very famous Kapeng Barako of Batangas lingered the office of Derek Ashton which allows him a little distraction from a pile of paperworks he needs to accomplish before the day ends. He is currently reading a financial report of Sophia’s Coffee for the month of January. His brows connected in one line as he figures out how he could still raise the sales of his company. His fingers slightly massaged his forehead to ease the headache he had been feeling for a while now.

            Sophia’s Coffee is now at the peak of its success, yet this young businessman still craves for more. Right now, it is the third largest and biggest coffee shop chains in the Philippines, and Derek’s goal is to have it on the first spot.

            He toyed a pen on his fingers for a while, then placed it down on his table, and drank his coffee. He just doesn’t know what to do anymore. He knew he was forcing himself too much on this goal of his – which used to be theirs.

            “I lost her...” he thought to himself once again. Almost a year has passed and he still couldn’t forget her. God, no. He could never forget her. “My Sophia...come back to me...” He felt a pang of pain just beneath his tailored suit. Oh how it throbbed harder this time.

            “We are gonna build a coffee shop and we will name it ‘Derek’s Coffee Shop’ and the whole world will see how great you are.” She said. Sophia never failed to amuse him. Not once.

            “I don’t think ‘Derek’s Coffee Shop’ is a good idea. How about, ‘Sophia’s Coffee Shop’? Doesn’t that sound very appealing? Like it is a very homey place.” He answered while stroking her and pushing a strand just beneath her left her. How lovely she looks.

            “Are you teasing me again, Mr. Derek Ashton?”

            “Of course not! Honestly, that’s what I feel whenever I am with you, honey.” And he kissed the palm of her hand, “I can’t get wait to be with you forever.”

            “You know it’s not yet the right time, love. We have to wait another year. I don’t wanna get married yet. I want to fulfil my dreams first, mister.”

            “Doesn’t that include me?” He teased.

            “Of course it does. I love you.” And they kissed endless and senseless.

            They could have gotten married. They could have lived in that house and Amsterdam. They could have built so many branches of Sophia’s Coffee Shop together. They could have walked hand in hand together going home from work. They could have had the football team they were planning on having. They could have lived their happily ever after. They could have – oh it can go endless. But none of them happened. None of them came true. None of them... for his very reason for living ceased to exist...