Chapter 1

~2 weeks later~

*news on the TV in the background*

It was a gloomy afternoon and Kevin was in the kitchen making a sandwich. His mom was in the living room watching the news... when suddenly she cried out.

"MY GOD! KEVIN GET IN HERE!" She screamed.

Kevin ran to the living room and found a picture of his ex-girlfriend on the news saying she had been murdered. Kevin couldn't believe what he was hearing. The last time he saw her she was saying she hated him and wanted him out of her life then he couldn't remember anymore. But how could this happen, the last time he saw her she was full of life and now she's... dead.

The news broadcaster was saying that her parents were on vacation for two weeks and when the came back from their vacation in China, they found Ingrid dead. He still couldn't believe what he was seeing... The broadcaster said that the time of suspected death was Friday, June 6th at 7:31 p.m. The cause of death was many hits to the head and several stabbing wounds. He kept replaying the time and day she died, because thats the day they broke up but he couldn't remember the time he went home. Or at least when he left her.

Her parents never knew what happened between them. At least as far as he knew. She could have told them over the phone, but he highly doubted she did. He decided the best thing to do was to go talk to them directly.

But what would he even say... "Hey the night your daughter died we broke up and if we wouldn't have I probably could have saved her?"

No that would just make things worse... he would just explain that things didn't work out between them and that they split up. Then he would tell them that if they needed him he was a phone call away.

His mom started to cry, which made him uncomfortable. He walked upstairs to his room and saw his phone light up. He walked over to it and picked it up. His friend Jeffery asked him if he wanted to go to a party tonight. He didn't know so he said ok...

~at 7:40 the next morning~

Kevin woke up and rubbed his eyes from sleeping so hard. He had gone to the party last night and somehow got hold of a vodka bottle. He looked at the clock, '6:30'. He never gets up this early. He got out of bed to get a drink of water when he heard a big thud out in the hallway. He was trying to remember that wild party he went to last night but he couldn't. He slowly got up and made his way to his door and put his shaking hand on the door handle. He opened the door and stuck his head out but he didn't see anything. 'Maybe it was just my parents' he thought. He closed the door and went back to his bed and laid down. He wanted to sleep for another hour because of his bad hang over.

~

He woke up at 8:29 the same morning to nothing. He sat up in his bed and listened... he still couldn't hear anything. Usually his parents are up getting ready for work, but there was nothing.

"MOM!" He shouted.

No response. "DAD!"

Again nothing. He thought back to 6:30 the original time he awoke and remembered the big thud out in the hallway. He got out of bed, maybe the big thud was just his parents leaving. He walked to his door and flung it open. He looked around and didn't see anyone or anything. He walked towards the kitchen but stopped at the sight of his dads slippers. His dad has OCD and would never leave his slippers just sitting in the middle of the hallway.

He walked to where his dads slippers were, but as he bent down to pick them up... Something hit him in the head. He looked up and saw something horrible, something that would scar him for life! He found both his mom and dad had been hung from the cieling. His dad was laying on the floor sprawled out because his dads rope had broke.