Forever Right?

Kiah never told her parents about what happened. She didn't tell them about any of it. I was upset, but I understood why. Her parents are very strict. They didn't want any of their kids turning into a stereotypical project baby. By this they mean getting pregnant at a young age and being gang bangers/ drug dealers.  Yes, they would be devastated about her being raped, but then they would have questions. "Did the guy get caught?" "Have you been to the doctor?" "What if you're pregnant?" "Oh you are pregnant? Do you want us to take you to the doctor to 'handle' this or do you want to go by yourself?" The last thing her parents are going to want to hear is that she's keeping a "rape baby." They'll probably lose their shit. I had this whole conversation with my mom. First thing she wants us to do is go to the doctor. She said that it was okay if Kiah lived with us for a while, just in case her parents put her out.

About a week later, I brought Kiah to her doctors appointment. She was in fact pregnant. Now, off to her parent's place. We walked up to their apartment and knocked on the door. I could feel Kiah getting anxious because she was squeezing my hand tight. Her dad opened the door.

Kiah greeted him first, "Hey daddy!" She was trying to sound normal but you can tell it was forced.

"How you doing Pops?" I said as I shook her dad's hand.

"I'm doing pretty good, Kids. " He responded.

"So, Daddy, I wanted to talk to you and Mommy about something." Kiah said while following her dad into the living room.

Her dad called for her mom. I greeted her as soon as she entered. Don't tell Kiah, but her mom can get it any day. Kiah looked just like her mom.

"Hey Ma. How you doing?" I asked while giving her mom a hug.

She sat down and the conversation began. Kiah was prepared for what was probably going to happen. I know she's still going to cry though. I'm ready for that. I got her favorite snacks at my house waiting for her.

Kiah began to speak, "I don't want you all to be mad at me, but remember that get together I went to at Jasmine's house? While I was waiting outside for Jassiah to pick me up, I was attacked. Now listen, before you say anything. I was raped, and yes, I am pregnant. I shouldn't of waited so long to tell you all, but I was scared."

Kiah's dad looked furious. Her mom was crying.

"Did the guy get caught?" Her dad asked.

"Actually, I saw it happening when I got there, while I ran to Mykiah, somebody came in the alley through the other way and shot the dude. I guess he was running the streets and it finally caught up with him." I responded

"I wish I could Kill that motherfucker. I can't believe this happened to my baby girl." He said through his teeth.

"When are you going to the doctor Kiah?" Her mom spoke while trying to fight back tears

"We just left there, actually." Kiah responded

"And you're still pregnant?" Her mother's tears had stopped at this point

"Yes mommy, I want to keep the baby." She responded.

"Mykiah Janae Carter. Are you out of your mind? You are 16 years old. No child of mine will be having a baby at this age." Her mother shouted

"Mommy, I am. I'm keeping this baby. I don't believe in getting abortions. I can't do that to myself or this baby." Mykiah spoke with tears running down her face

"You might as well pack." Her mom responded harshly.

Her dad was quiet up to this point.

When he finally spoke he said, "Baby don't you think that's too much?"

"Jason don't even." Her mother said

He became mute again. I followed Kiah into the room that she shared with her 14 year old sister. I helped her pack up all of her stuff. Well, it was mostly me packing, because she couldn't stop crying. Her dad helped me put all of her stuff in my car. When we pulled up at my place, I saw Brian helping my mom bring some groceries in. I got out and helped while Mykiah went in the house. My mom saw the tears and followed behind her.

"Don't worry about it baby, I got this. I'll calm her down." My mom said from the porch.

Brian helped me with the groceries and all of Mykiah's stuff in my car. When we finally brought everything in my room, I sat on my bed trying to figure out where the fuck all this shit was going to go. I'll figure it out. While I was sitting their talking to Brian, I pulled the ultrasound picture out of my pocket. All of these problems for a little dot on a screen, but this was my little dot. I was going to love this dot no matter what. I took the picture of Mykiah and I from Valentine's day on my nightstand and put the ultrasound in the corner of it. 

Later on that night, I was up late by myself

Later on that night, I was up late by myself. Mykiah was sleep, so I figured I would talk to my little dot. I positioned myself on the bed so my head was by her stomach

"Hey baby. You know I love you no matter what people think about you. You're my little dot. This is going to be a long 9 months. In 3 more months, we find out if you're a boy or a girl. No matter what you are, I'm going to make sure you're a spoiled baby. The doctor said you're going to be a spring baby. You technically won't be there for my fall basketball season, but guess who's going to be there while I play in the summer league? You baby. I'm going to get a little jersey with my number on it. I'm going to get your mommy one too. I wonder if you're going to like basketball, or if you're going to be one of those kids that doesn't like to go outside. One thing I do know, is that you won't be no little punk, dot. You got too many hood cousins to be letting people push you around. I'm going to marry your mommy one day. I wonder what you'll call me. Probably Ma, because your mommy is the only person who can call me daddy. No matter what, Dot, I'm going to always be here for you. Even if forever isn't forever for me and your mommy, I'm going to make sure forever is forever for me and you." I whispered to her stomach.

Kiah started running her fingers through my hair, letting me know she was awake.

"How long have you been up?" I asked her

"I woke up when you got up and moved. Stop calling my baby dot," She started laughing, "I love you Jassiah."

I sat up and opened my night stand drawer. I was going to wait until our anniversary next month for this, but I felt like now was a good time. I've been with Kiah since I was 15. Two whole years with my baby. I've gotten her promise rings before, but I always get her a new one every now and then. Every ring comes with a new promise. Right now, I have a promise to make to her. I motioned my fingers for her to come here. She came on my side of the bed, and I pulled her into my lap. I pulled her old promise ring off and replaced it with a new one.

"Baby I love you. I'm going to always love you and have love for you no matter what happens between us. I promise that no matter what, I will always be here for you and this baby. I was going to save this, but I felt like now was a good time." I spoke softly to her

Kiah started tearing up. She couldn't stop staring at the ring on her finger. She leaned in and kissed me. This wasn't a regular kiss. If I wasn't a girl, this was the type of kiss that would get her double pregnant. I turned off my room light and we-

Haha you thought I was gonna tell y'all what happened. Not now, maybe on our anniversary.