ACE

"FREEZE," he whispered

"FREEZE," he whispered .
The icicles floated down in a spiral motion before landing on the ivory sheets of his bedroom .
On his 20th birthday , his parents diagnosed him as " depressed " , presumably because he locked himself in his bedroom , never stepped out of the castle , reading the same book over and over again , and devoted an extensive amount of time thinking about death .

Better to kill myself than allow myself to be killed .

He allowed himself to think about the upcoming tournament . To be honest , he wasn't afraid of it at all. Ace king doesn't do afraid . Because he wasn't afraid of anything in his entire life and one bloody tournament sure isn't going to ruin that record for him.

He picked up the list of contestants  ; Lazarus , Zale , Vernados , Rhode , Odysseus, Theo-  his fingers paused at Dimitri Salvatore , lips curling into a smile , he remembered that boy masters earth and air and nodded his head , noting that he is a worthy opponent.

He bursts out laughing when he spots a name , Leon Alexopoulos . He recalls a lanky boy who masters the creation of flowers and wonders if he was planning to knock on death's door. It's not everyday you see someone looking for death and to Ace, he finds that utterly amusing . Maybe Leon will serve as a good source of entertainment to the crowd when his limbs are severed off his body piece by piece.

Dismissing Leon out of his head quickly , he continues down the list and scrunches up his face when he notices an unfamiliar name registering under the fire kingdom , Hera Quinn . What happened to Dion Quinn who was supposed to participate ?

He fumes and immediately freezes the windows , glaring at it with so much intensity that it's shatters into pieces immediately , allowing the chilly air outside to penetrate into the castle walls. After all , their kingdoms are enemies and it's only natural for them to fight till the last one stands.

Unfortunately , the last tournament , he was only the mere age of 10 and was deemed ineligible to enter the tournament , so they sent his useless ass of a brother to fight Dion Quinn instead and what returned was his tattered corpse . Nobody would even know that it was Arion king, the first prince of the water kingdom , if it wasn't for his striking pale blue eyes that remained intact and open . Striking pale blue eyes that reflect in his very own.

A howling sound captured his attention and he turned to look out of the window , spotting his elder sister , Talia , trying to conjure some freakish ice storm in their garden . Her brows furrowed in so much concentration , it almost hurts to watch her try so hard .

As if she could feel his stare , she turned and glared at him squarely in the eye , before turning on her heels and stormed back into her chambers , leaving only bits of snow as the evidence of the snow storm she was trying to conjure earlier .

His eyes hardened. He could feel the intense hatred from his sister. Probably because she wasn't selected for the tournament , although she was much older by 5 years . Or probably because he was more powerful than she could ever be .

As if to prove his point , he snapped his finger towards the direction of the garden, and immediately snow and hail came pouring down in torrents , crushing the earth until a crater so deep ,looking like a black whirlpool formed.

He grins to himself . Satisfied .

Watch out Dimitri Salvatore . Hera Quinn.

I can crush you with a snap of my fingers .